Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Question for “E” Chart Traders

Posted by NCTrader 
Question for “E” Chart Traders
May 14, 2014 09:52AM
Let me first preface my post by saying I briefly investigated triple MAs years ago so I am conceptually familiar with what you are doing. I also have the utmost respect for Darcy, Robert, Rookie, et al. What you are able to accomplish using short charts is amazing. Too fast for me so I had to settle on the larger charts with forced discipline not to micromanage by looking every 30 minutes and give it time to breath / show me if it is working or not. Finally, I am not looking to add anything at this time but will consider adding “E” to my future research list once I have finished tinkering with TS platform. That said here are my two questions. The first for “E” traders who I assume to be predominantly short chart traders and the second for anyone that has been able to incorporate “E” into the larger charts.

1. Based on the posts it appears most “E” traders are using a standard setting of 5,10,20 or somewhere thereabouts. Those that also use FP / HRFP are using a certain combination of fibs. Does 5,10,20 seem to work better? Has anyone tested a variation of “E” using fibs that more properly align with the other indicators? I think you will know what I am asking. Just curious why 5,10,20 was chosen when our other indicators are not standard among the trading community.

2. Has anyone been able to successfully incorporate “E” into the larger charts as it is being used on the short charts? In other words looking for “E” at the same time as FP / HRFP. I tested the addition of 5 & 10 MAs years ago and it was more of a lagging indicator on larger timeframes. My assumption (emphasize assumption) is that “E” will be the same – lagging on big charts. You basically need a bit of consolidation / sideways movement to allow the indicators to converge before you will ever see a FP / HRFP in conjunction with an “E” signal at the same time. Again all this is an assumption and just curious if anyone has had success using it on the larger charts? If so how do you use (as entry confirmation, as confirmation / continuation after you are already in, etc.)?

Thanks in advance for anyone that responds. Thoughts are appreciated. Happy Trading!

NCT
Re: Question for “E” Chart Traders
May 14, 2014 10:01AM
You can use the same "e" parameters for big charts. Your "E" time frame should be the 144. I would say it doesn't add much if you can already spot a trade but if you need to verify then it can be a "nice to know" feature.

For example: LNKD today. Not the best set up I've ever seen but most likely a trade setting up

BCT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 10:07AM by BigChartTrader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login