Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

TradeStation simulated

Posted by Chunk 
TradeStation simulated
May 13, 2014 09:28AM
So, I've been noticing often with my practice trades on TradeStation that the Simulated options GTC up-a-buck limit order doesn't get filled when it hits it. Sometimes even if my GTC limit is below their Bid, it won't fill.

I thought it was a market-maker simulated battle. I called TradeStation, they said this is some type of issue; but in real option trading it wouldn't occur.

Anyone else get frustrated with this? It's almost like I want to continue with my OptionsXpress virtual trading while using the TradeStation charts, but I like having it all on the TradeStation platform.

Chunk
Re: TradeStation simulated
May 13, 2014 12:22PM
I've had it happen from time to time on OptionsXpress virtual trades as well. Just not nearly as often. It's even happened to me on a couple of real money trades as well. I figure, there's nothing I can do about so, I just accept it.
May 13, 2014 12:26PM
OK. That's comforting to know.

I guess I'll need to spit in the market maker's face while holding my knife.
May 13, 2014 12:27PM
I have had this happen often which is why most of the time I do not do GTC. It seems as though the option has to hit that price on the option, pull back off that price and then hit it again on a GTC before I would be sold out. Whereas when I decide to sell I place my order and I am out almost always.
May 13, 2014 12:37PM
Darcy2,

So you place a limit order for the day, right?

Because a market order can be filled for whatever lower than Bid, right?

Of course, a lot of you are more experienced then me and you're great quick-draws at in/out in one day; but sometimes a GTC is helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2014 12:55PM by Chunk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login