Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Outline TradeStation candles

Posted by 52trade 
Outline TradeStation candles
May 04, 2014 09:56PM
I have been trying to outline the candles in TradeStation to duplicate the Qchart candles, I've not had much success, has any TradeStation users figured this out?

52trade
Proverbs 4: 20-22
Re: Outline TradeStation candles
May 05, 2014 12:26AM
There is an app in the trading app store that is available here: [tradestation.tradingappstore.com]

Tradestation is releasing an update to 9.5 that I was told would be available in a few weeks. One of the features included in the update is the candle outline among other features. Here is what some of the new features are:

[download.gelium.net]

Hope this helps.
May 05, 2014 07:31AM
May I ask why you need a outlined candle?
May 05, 2014 08:11PM
brcurley,

Thank you so much for your willingness to provide this info!!!!

Thank You Again,
52trade
Proverbs 4: 20-22
May 05, 2014 08:33PM
BigMoney,

You May! The outlined candle feature on Qcharts made the charts much cleaner for me.

52trade
Proverbs 4: 20 - 22
Dan
May 05, 2014 10:54PM
brcurley,

Thanks for posting the link to a description of the upcoming enhancements. I'm glad to see that the TradeStation folks are continuing to improve the platform. I plan to implement the indicator transparency feature on my moving average studies. I hope the drawing engine update fixes the issues that seem to be affecting the ZigZagFibs study.

Are you a member of the beta testing program? Does one have to participate in the beta testing program to get a list of the upcoming enhancements? IMHO, the candle outlining helps with dark outlines on a light background, but no so much for light outlines on a dark background.

-Dan
May 08, 2014 08:48AM
Hi 52 Trade,

In case you still need to do the outlined candles, refer to my previous posting on 11/10/2013 "Question for Qcharts users" on this forum. I provide the code and a thread of information. Dan and I had talked about this before.

Thanks,
Chunk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login