Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Silver Platter Trades

Posted by Darcy2 
Silver Platter Trades
May 07, 2014 09:31AM
I love 'em.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 11:07AM by Darcy2.
Re: Silver Platter Trades
May 07, 2014 09:40AM
Congrats, on another excellent trade.

I also traded AMZN yesterday, but I jumped ship when it started acting just a little bit squirrely. It's one thing for my logical brain to say, "charts look pretty good, market is going down, the stock will probably continue to fall." But it's another thing entirely to hear my emotional brain screaming, "take the profit and run!"

My emotional brain almost always wins, but I need to start listening to the logical brain more.
May 07, 2014 10:11AM
robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My emotional brain almost always wins, but I need
> to start listening to the logical brain more.

Actually there is nothing wrong with taking the profit and running. I came so close to doing that but I just held on for almost 2 1/2 hours. Having watched this market I knew that stocks move at the open, ride and then move again after lunch (around 1...1:30) so I hung on and questioned myself a lot about going ahead and selling.

I looked at the 233 and Daily and believed that the direction was correct and that it would move down.

One of these days I will be glad to hold over night but right now it just isn't there for me.
May 07, 2014 10:28AM
Great trade Darcy!

How does SO know when to leave a Qs trade? I'm watching it now (11:27) and it keeps edging lower but what's the right exit trigger?
May 07, 2014 10:47AM
moinnorf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great trade Darcy!
>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 11:08AM by Darcy2.
May 07, 2014 10:58AM
Booked another nice trade on Nflx as well. I'm really starting to like that symbol :-)
Picked up 25.5 %, and I'm H.I.S...

Think I'm gonna have them send me a movie for the weekend :-)
May 07, 2014 11:22AM
RR...

Yep I love NFLX and AMZN for trades. Well to be totally honest I love tech for trading. S/O has been tradig q's most of the time because tech right now is really bad.

Looking for an up trade in AMZN or NFLX before the next down.
May 07, 2014 11:53AM
Thanks. Just found a "heat chart" in TOS that points to how hard sectors are affected based on color.

Will incorporate a 3min chart to see how I can pick up on change in direction. Small charts are hard; Gary said to use them for a Hershey's kiss once in a while. He forgot about the chocoholics!
May 08, 2014 09:26AM
moinnorf

I think a lot depends on the person doing the trading. I just get too impatient for longer charts. I like to make my money and go do something else. Shorter charts have just worked for me.

BTW I am a Chocoholic...I never have thought there was anything else to eat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 09:29AM by Darcy2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login