Scanning in TOS
December 10, 2013 10:51AM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to setup a scan in TOS that will return only optionable stocks, with an average daily volume of 500K+, trading between 60 and 150 bucks.

Also I'd like to filter out any stocks that DON'T have a weekly price movement of $5.00 or better.

I've tried several times to setup the scans myself, but I'm obviously doing something wrong. I sorta suck at the custom stuff within TOS. Could anyone give be a block of instruction on that? Or even tell me how to setup the scan?

I've tried to join the ThinkScripter forum, but it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back from them. I even sent an email asking if there was a problem, but haven't heard back from that either.

Thanks, and have a great day!
Re: Scanning in TOS
December 10, 2013 12:22PM
December 10, 2013 12:43PM
Wow!!!! Awesome, thanks so much for posting that!!

Only problem is the "Volume" option seems to give todays volume as apposed to the average daily volume over a given time period.
December 10, 2013 01:26PM
RichieRick
Only problem is the "Volume" option seems to give todays volume as apposed to the average daily volume over a given time period.

Ah...didn't notice that you wanted average volume when I originally read your post. Easy fix.

1. delete the volume line in your scan.
    2. add a custom filter for average daily volume.
      * Add Study Filter
      * Custom
      * Aggregation Period = Daily [D]
      * Use the following thinkScript formula where 21 is the number of days you want to average across and 500000 is the volume you desire. (change as appropriate)

plot AvgVol = if (Average(volume, 21) >= 500000) then 1 else Double.NaN;
December 10, 2013 01:44PM
Awesome...

I'll run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

Thanks again!
R
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login