Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Another BCT

Posted by BigChartTrader 
Another BCT
September 12, 2013 09:40AM
I really dont know if anyone is interested in posts of big chart trades but I assume someone out there does so here goes....

MA Daily entry 9/5 Exit Today $629 to $671

NKE Daily entry 9/4 No exit criteria exist

I am not advising in any way to take these positions and again, I am not licensed and Do NOT INTEND to. This is solely my opinion.

BCT
Re: Another BCT
September 12, 2013 10:00AM
Thanks BCT. I've been practicing big chart trades for several months, so your trade posts have been helpful.

I had a successful real trade with FFIV. Entered on 9/4 and exited yesterday. I initially looked at FFIV because RTT's "Trading the Evidence" shows a great September up trend and signaled a possible technical entry last week.
September 12, 2013 11:00AM
Of course we all are interested in your big chart trades!thumbs up

Having about pulled away from Sept. I did do a trade off the 233 and daily. I was painting my office and had my charts up... naturally being a "trader"I couldn't help but pop my charts.

I've liked BIDU and on 9/09 I looked at the 233 and daily. Knowing I wouldn't be looking at these chartd as often as I do especially since I would be leaving my office and begin my yard work I bought Dec. 135 Calls @ 12.75...5 contracts. For me the 233 and daily signals were clear as spring water. The moving averages were screaming at me...
"BUY"..

I sold on 9/11 at $20.35 with $3,799.83 profit.

I biught out because...since I wouldn't be watching as close I wanted enough room for my trade...other than the fac we are entering into the slow time.

S/O traded NFLX and didn't use any chart. He said after it went so high he knew it would pull back. He bought 10 contracs Sept 310 P for $8.80. Sold today with a GTC for $13.8.

Profit $4.289.75

I was driven inside by a rush of thunder ...but it doesn't look like rain anywhere around me. Really odd. LUNCH!!!

Excused the typo's typing with a broken finger...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2013 11:03AM by Darcy2.
September 12, 2013 11:01AM
I also value your trades. Most do not know, but I am working diligently, trying to learn this craft of trading big charts. I feel really good about where I am in the process and I have had some pretty good practice trades. I use Daily, 233, and 55. Mostly 233 and 55.

The one thing that is very important is, I do not have the time to give 4 or 5 stocks the attention needed to trade them well. I can clearly see why Gary talked about only have a couple of stocks to trade. The more I study my stock and watch how it reacts in specific condition, the better I am starting to trade it. I am focusing on only 2, but I really love only one right now.

Please keep posting. I totally value your thought process.
September 12, 2013 08:52PM
Hey BCT... me too! :-)

I was in MA, GWW, PCP after the close of the 2nd 233 candle on 9/3... using the D and W as support... sadly it was just practice and I had to exit on 9/6 b/c I was getting married on 9/7 and wouldn't have time to watch it this week... looking at the charts today (9/12) i'd be out of GWW near the close, MA and PCP I would still be in but I'd be expecting to be out tomorrow (9/13) as it seems the market may be heading down
September 13, 2013 10:49AM
Congrats on the wedding. That is what you need to focus on. The stock market is always further down the list than most make it.

BCT
September 13, 2013 12:33PM
Thanks, I agree... i took a little break...
September 13, 2013 01:53PM
Please keep posting. I am listening and learning.
TCB
September 13, 2013 04:30PM
Thanks BCT for the post and please keep posting. Great to see the trades off of the big charts.

Congrats on the wedding ChairmanFaust.
September 13, 2013 10:43PM
TCB, thanks... and for the trades

GWW trade ends 9/12 near the close
MA trade ends 9/13 near the close
PCP is somehow still going... I expect it to be over very soon (like the next day its down a buck or so)... crazy

233 is my exit decision chart
September 17, 2013 04:34PM
BCT,
I looked at the MA trade referenced above. Here is what I see: the weekly candle opened on 9/3 above the previous week's candle by about $6 and by 9/5 there would have been a white candle roughly half the size of the completed candle (stock up about $23) but no FP or HRFP on the weekly chart. The +DI line may have been turning up at this time but the other indicators are down to neutral. Seeing this, what was your thought process?

A HRFP has developed on the 233 at 1323 on 9/4 and a clear HRFP has developed on the daily by the close of 9/5 so I imagine it looked like that the entire session. What, if any, other indicators did you use to pull the trigger? What is your confirmation process?
September 18, 2013 08:14AM
I do not look for any FP or HRFP on the weekly when I make a daily trade. GW said to find "indicator verified resistance or support". Example would be the indicators going straight down but the wick of a candle hits the 20 day MA and the daily indicates a trade up, then I would pull the trigger on that trade against the weekly bc I have indicator (daily) verified support of that 20 day ma.
September 18, 2013 10:44AM
Hey Darcy, was just wondering how you evaluated your BIDU trade on 9/9 using the D and 233.

I can see the W trend is up, and the daily on the 9th looks like the candle closes just below the 20ma with a long wick at the bottom. All other GW indicators turning up, histogram strengthening and adx is declining. 233 my Christmas Cross lines crossed the previous day and my 5 and 10 MA crossed up on the 9th. All other indicators turning up. Adx neutral. I guess writing all this kinda answers my own question but at what points do you decide to give more or less weight to the 20 MA. Since on the 9th the candle closed below the 20 what sent you over the edge in terms of deciding to buy calls and not waiting to see if it broke the 20 MA

Thanks
September 18, 2013 04:44PM
BCT,

"the wick of a candle hits the 20 day MA and the daily indicates a trade up"

Does the wick touch the 20 DMA on the daily or the weekly in this example?
September 18, 2013 05:44PM
fireman1984 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Darcy, was just wondering how you evaluated
> your BIDU trade on 9/9 using the D and 233.
>
> I can see the W trend is up, and the daily on the
> 9th looks like the candle closes just below the
> 20ma with a long wick at the bottom. All other GW
> indicators turning up, histogram strengthening and
> adx is declining. 233 my Christmas Cross lines
> crossed the previous day and my 5 and 10 MA
> crossed up on the 9th. All other indicators
> turning up. Adx neutral. I guess writing all
> this kinda answers my own question but at what
> points do you decide to give more or less weight
> to the 20 MA. Since on the 9th the candle closed
> below the 20 what sent you over the edge in terms
> of deciding to buy calls and not waiting to see if
> it broke the 20 MA
>
>
> Thanks

What made me move on BIDU was the moving average on the 233 chart. You have the 20 and 50 under the candle. GW's indicators had crossed on the 233 and the daily (faint but there) which looked strong to me. When the 55 chart candle broke through 200ma on 9/10 I knew this stock was a trade. I was already in however off the 233 and daily.

I also wanted to test buying out in time. I wanted to see how the option would move if I did buy out AND just in case the moving average didn't work well on the 233 I knew I would have time enough to at least make my money back.

Pay attention to your Bollinger band when it squeezes candles. Begin to expect a pop up or down. Scroll daily chart back to 9/9. See the squeeze? Look at this like a pimple. You squeeze pimples to make them pop. So does a Bollinger band squeeze moving averages to make them pop. (I love gaps...love, love, love 'em)

Now go back to 55 chart for Sept 9. See the moving average converging? Expect them to pop the stock up...or down depending on how they are stacked. Those candles were wrapping around those ma's way to tight The ADX on the 55 was blowing the roof off...I expected a pop up. I got it the next morning with a slight gap up on the 55 of nearly $3.00.

I sold off the 55. Why? See the DOJI on the 55 outside the Bollinger band? For me this was a warning of a down turn. I got my money and ran. I seldom take risks. If the stock had gone up I would never have known because I do not look backbecause I don't care where it goes after I make my money. grinning smiley
September 19, 2013 08:03AM
rebwayne

My verbage was broad and not specific to the MA trade I referenced. I find a "trade"(HRFP/FP) and the look for verified indicator support or resistance on the next largest chart time frame. If it makes it easier to understand:

Daily entry on 9/5
Weekly- candle body sitting on 8 MA/ histogram improving
Monthly MACD wide open

BCT
September 19, 2013 12:17PM
BCT,
Thanks for the clarification.

rebwayne
September 24, 2013 09:05PM
BCT,

I try to follow big charts and buy positions between 10-10:45am and 3-4pm based on GW class and required readings

Do you have daily trade time zones?

thanks,

Walter
September 25, 2013 07:38AM
around lunch
September 25, 2013 02:14PM
BigChartTrader Wrote:
> around lunch

Interesting. Have you found that lunch time enties work better for big chart entries?
September 25, 2013 03:21PM
no, but the 233 is roughly complete around my lunch which is good enough for me.
September 25, 2013 03:46PM
I've noticed that stocks tend to go flat around lunch, giving you roughly a good entry point if your doing multi-day trades... seems like stocks that are way down at open come up some at lunch and go back down after, vice versa for stocks that open up
September 25, 2013 06:28PM
Thanks BCT,

I bought an Oct. Put on V: 9/24 at the first 233 candle. Closed it today up a buck.

This was after I rode the Tide up on Daily 9/9 to 9/19. Love that Ocean movement.

Chunk
September 30, 2013 10:52AM
BigChartTrader Wrote:
> rebwayne
>
> My verbage was broad and not specific to the MA
> trade I referenced. I find a "trade"(HRFP/FP) and
> the look for verified indicator support or
> resistance on the next largest chart time frame.
> If it makes it easier to understand:
>
> Daily entry on 9/5
> Weekly- candle body sitting on 8 MA/ histogram
> improving
> Monthly MACD wide open
>
> BCT

Hi BCT,

I was trying to re-create your trade on MA to see what nuggets I could gleem. What was your reason for exiting on the 12th? Was there a indicator that I've overlooked or were you just H.I.S?
September 30, 2013 11:11AM
1. It was outside the TBB and 2. I do have an indicator that I use for both entry and exit that I havent heard anyone speak on this forum. I have no idea how to set it up as it was "pre loaded " by Gary when he emailed me the RTP workspace.It was learned in the RTP course material. I typically dont get Happy in Seattle, I trade untill exit criteria exists.

Thanks,

BCT
September 30, 2013 11:18AM
BigChartTrader Wrote:
> I do have an indicator that I use for both entry and exit that
> I havent heard anyone speak on this forum.

autowave?
September 30, 2013 11:40AM
correct
September 30, 2013 03:13PM
I have never heard of 'Autowave' but I might could create it in TOS or Strategy Desk if desired
TCB
September 30, 2013 03:42PM
I use SD and TOS. I was told by a thinkscript forum that the study zigzag was comparable in TOS to the autowave feature in Qcharts. I am unfamiliar with the study and do not know the parameters to enter other than the default in TOS. I don't know how to use it in SD.
September 30, 2013 03:53PM
Autowave is all based off the Elliot wave theory. If you research that you can see much of the waves forming even without the charting feature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login