Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

WSB Trade on AMZN

Posted by rookie30 
WSB Trade on AMZN
May 25, 2013 05:06PM
On April 22, I bought Puts on AMZN by using 8, 55, and 233. I trusted my teacher and followed the rules and went for the trade with "real money". I saw it all line up, so I entered. The 233 showed me a good trend and 2nd candle opened below the 50-Day MA. The 55 was on the bottom bb, but I knew I had strength behind me with the candle count and the amount of running room I had on the 233. The broad market was behind me also. On my 55 MA chart, the 5 had already crossed my 10 and 20. The 10 was pointing down ready to cross my 20. Money Flow was down and ADX showed a continuation of trend. I had a HRFP on the 55 and the 233. I heard the scream, so I went to my action and sat on the piano until it came to me. At approximately 1:46, I entered the trade. I stayed in the trade for 2 NIGHTS! I was nearly washed out on the 23rd, but I had a little "change" in my pockets from previous day, so I wanted to see how the 2nd candle on the 233 would react. I was comfortable staying in overnight again. I got a little gap down on the morning of the 24th, but MF was turning up, so I exited the trade before lunch. A really good trade for me. The money was really good, but it felt so good to trade well.

I am in 6 big-chart practice trades, and have been for a period of time. I am all green, so I think I am kinda getting this Big Chart Trading. Well, I will take that comment back. The last time I said that, I had a huge losing trade the following week. I want to say thanks to Big Charts and Trendtrader for your contribution to the forum. I am like a sponge right now-thirsty for knowledge. My eyes are so tired of reading and backtesting, but I have to keep pushing hard-if I am going to get really good at this.
Re: WSB Trade on AMZN
May 25, 2013 05:52PM

Well played!

Based on the dollar move of the stock, I'm assuming you saw about $2.00 of it in your options. By the way, how far out in time are you buying when you are playing the bigger charts?

I just went back and reviewed the charts. I'm still working from an in-today-out-today mentality. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to stay overnight on the 23rd when it initially rebounded so much. I need to start practicing some bigger chart moves. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2013 06:15PM by robert.
Re: WSB Trade on AMZN
May 28, 2013 07:11PM
I am sorry guys.... The trade above was made on May 22 (this month)- opposed to April 22nd (last month). I had not started seriously practicing or trading big charts in April. Thanks Dan for pointing that out. Just one of those days!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login