Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Big Charting!

Posted by rookie30 
Big Charting!
May 22, 2013 08:49AM
I bought calls on DECK yesterday with real money and HELD IT OVERNIGHT! I have been studying and reviewing my training material from 1-5. I used my 233 as my trend, 55 as my decision and 8 as my action. Wow, it could not have gone better. The 233 gave me confidence, but more importantly, the Daily gave me good strength as well. I entered on the 10:58 candle from my 8. My thought process was that the 55 chart had run it's course, now the 233 has to finish a run. I would love to see that 233 run to the top BB. When to exit is going to be my issue. I have no idea when I should look to exit. All I know is, when in doubt, take the profits and be HIS or HIH. I am already loving the view of Seattle. If really feels great to have made this trade based on solely what I was taught in WSB. Well, the "E" off the 55 was another big indicator that I did not learn in 1-5.

Just wanted to share. I am inspired by BigCharts as I study "Big Charts" because I have gone back and broken down a few of his trades and wow, there have been some really good, strong runs from larger charts. They are not as easy to find and it takes patience, but when it sets up correctly, and a proper entry is made, it is well worth the wait!
Re: Big Charting!
May 22, 2013 08:57AM
Awesome, good work! Good Big Chart trades are definitely a lot harder to find...but you only need a couple per month to make it worth it!
Re: Big Charting!
May 22, 2013 10:52AM
Thanks! I just sold the position. I am not sure when to get out, but I know what it feels like when I see an $1100 gain, but all of a sudden that amount drops to $990. The MF on the 55 is starting to point down, so I will take my profits and run. Walked away from the trade with about $980. This is a brick in my household! I am going to work more from the angle of bigger charts, but also take advantage of small runs that I see.

Two or three meaningful trades a month would be great. My intraday trading could be used to fuel my anxiety and need to be challenged everyday. I took the day off, so I am back to backtesting and trying to find a potential practice trade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login