Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

CNBC, do they have a clue???

Posted by RichieRick 
CNBC, do they have a clue???
January 09, 2023 04:09PM
Up until about 1pm it seemed that CNBC kept on saying stuff like, "the dow is adding to the gains of the early 2023 rally that is taking place". I even saw someone comment that a rally may be in full swing. lol.

Hahahaha...... Then it seems that the rest of the day was spent making them eat crow.

I mean honestly there was a single white candle from Friday and they're calling that a rally. Since mid-day it's turned the white candle into a red Gravestone Doji. lol.

It sometimes leaves my scratching my head wondering if we're even watching the same game on TV. Hehehe....
Re: CNBC, do they have a clue???
January 11, 2023 04:04PM
Guess they have a crystal ball after all. Hehehe..... Then again, it could be some of that good insider info. lol. smiling smiley
January 17, 2023 11:26AM
The talking heads on this show and so many others guess about the market. I just listen to the guests and then only certain ones. I do watch Charles Payne on Fox Business. He does a lot of chart analysis. I also like to listen to "The Cow Man"... Scott Shellady who is a trader at the CBOT. He isn't bullish but sees a warning. Looking at the DOW's monthly chart and using my regression tool on a monthly Dow chart it appears we are heading to a sideways market. Stoch RSI, Directional Movement and MACD turning down. Sideways is a hard place for traders. BUT this is only my opinion. (LOL off my feet for several weeks. Fractured 2 toes!) eye popping smiley
January 17, 2023 02:12PM
Oh no!!! Sorry you're hurt. Maybe switch to a lighter ball when bowling next time. smiling smiley

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Yeah, I think we're in for some chop at this point. I just found it amusing that there was only 1 day of up movement and they were calling it a "Rally". Then they kept saying that stuff all day.
Dan
January 19, 2023 09:07AM
I cannot figure out how to paste a picture in a forum post, so here is a link to a picture that says it all about CNBC and Cramer in particular.

[ifunny.co]
January 19, 2023 09:55AM
RichieRick If it had been a bowling accident it would not have been my toes but the head of people behind me! smiling smiley Love to bowl but not very good at it. "It's a RALLY!!! Market up .12!" smiling bouncing smiley People please!.... Daily DOW chart looks plain old NASTY! Just sold my NVDA trade. Used a 5 and 3 minute chart...Traded up. Bought at 9:35...10/1.70 calls for $2.86 sold at 9:39 for 3.30. This is how my trades have been going. 2-10 minutes. I don't dare try to stay in longer. [www.youtube.com]
January 19, 2023 09:58AM
Dan....grinning smiley
January 23, 2023 10:00AM
Hey Dan,

I just tried to show an image and it didn't work for me either. It just leaves a blank space when I try. Oh well, at least you could add the link.

Great trade once again Darcy. You have definitely found your lane. I've actually witnessed someone release a bowling ball backwards into the crowd. We all scattered like roaches when you turn on the light. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2023 10:11AM by RichieRick.
January 27, 2023 10:55AM
LOL...my bowling skills rate me at about zero. Now if you want to grade gutter ball I would win hands down. Traded NVDA on the 19th of Jan. Although it was down I traded a call off the 9:35 candle. I wanted to get in and out quickly. I bought 7 calls for 2.86 and sold 3 minutes later for 3.45. It was a quick trade but the direction was down even though I traded up. Why because I was watching the market makers fooling around with the options. It was so obvious. I knew there would be a fast up and the market maker made the call so cheap and the put too expensive. I think it was like this because it was the day before expiration Friday and they didn't know where to put the calls and puts. I like to watch the options the day before expiration but seems to only work when a lot of information has been going on about a stock. I should have watched TSLA too. I bet their options would have done the same thing.
January 29, 2023 01:48AM
Hahaha..... My wife gets pretty frustrated with bowling. She'll bowl 3 or 4 strikes in a row, then all of a sudden she'll throw 5 gutter balls in a row. It happens to me also from time to time. If my trading were as consistent as my bowling I'd be doing alright. lol. smiling smiley
January 29, 2023 04:16PM
Oh, I have a good one about bowling. My first date with my husband...we went bowling. That date lasted about 2 frames because he had to take me home. Why? The zipper broke in my pants! Who prepares for that happening? I was so embarrassed! eye popping smiley
February 01, 2023 11:07AM
That's a good story Darcy, thanks for sharing. smiling smiley

On the first date with my wife, we got into town a little early for the movie we wanted to see. So to kill some time we went to a public park. While playing and climbing on all the monkey bars and slides and things, I jumped down and suddenly the back of my pants busted wide open and ripped the seat completely out of my pants.

Not wanting to miss our movie, we went to the store and she got a pack of safety pins. She asked me to take off my pants and she could fix them. So from the back seat totally embarrassed, I handed her my pants and she used the safety pins to pin them back together. IT WORKED, we went to the movies and enjoyed out popcorn while laughing about it. Almost near the end of the movie I shifted in my seat and all of the safety pins broke fee sticking me several times in the hinny. I jumped up and ran out while being stuck with those pins. I snacked off those jeans and threw the safety pins in the trash. I put my ripped jeans back on and "PROUDLY" walked out of the movie theater. She said afterward, "best date ever!!!".
February 01, 2023 02:30PM
Oh, that's so funny. Great memories that last forever! thumbs up
March 09, 2023 08:37AM
Darcy3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The talking heads on this show and so many others
> guess about the market. I just listen to the
> guests and then only certain Sharp edge. I do watch
> Charles Payne on Fox Business. He does a lot of
> chart analysis. I also like to listen to "The Cow
> Man"... Scott Shellady who is a trader at the
> CBOT. He isn't bullish but sees a warning. Looking
> at the DOW's swashbuckler miniature using my regression
> tool on a monthly Dow chart it appears we are
> heading to a sideways market. Stoch RSI,
> Directional Movement and MACD turning down.
> Sideways is a hard place for traders. BUT this is
> only my opinion. (LOL off my feet for several
> weeks. Fractured 2 toes!) eye popping smiley

I find it really interesting that you watch and listen to a lot of different market analysts to get your insights - it's always best to get a variety of perspectives. And I'm sorry to hear about your toes, ouch!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2023 06:02AM by JamesBasej.
March 14, 2023 11:45AM
[www.youtube.com]

James Basej. I try to combine many traders information to find my fit. I listen to many. Peter Tuchman has been a trader on the NYSE for decades. Crammer is not someone I listen to because he invests in stocks. What surprises me is how so many traders I know jump on a trade when the market is playing with our heads down one day up the next without realizing when a stock crashes the stock the next day is a sale IF it is a good company. That stock may go up but the options may barely move. Never get into a trade unless your technicals are telling you to do a trade. Not everyone likes the same technicals so find what fits you. That's where it really helps me looking at the net and net since open. Example AAPL @ 12:43 $2.02 on the net HOWEVER on the net since the open $1.26 so the move has only been .76. Not a trade I'd even look at. As for my toes I am able to wear shoes now but one toe is bent. Hopefully it will straighten out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login