Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Time to make the Bricks

Posted by Trader Joe 
Time to make the Bricks
April 25, 2013 09:10PM
This week I have not been doing anything but making big bricks. Actually that is what I have been doing most of the time lately. Throwing them on the piles and moving on. The Two trades I did this week were CAT and PVH. Cat gave me a 38% return and PVH gave me a 45% return. Not bad for only being in them for 3 -2 days. I have to say this indicator that I have been using is really helping my trading . It prevents me from forcing a trade , by letting the trade come to me. I would suggest to anyone if you are using trade station you have to check out this indicator called the "WIN" I current have 140 stocks that I am following and unless I get a WIN indicator signal I do not look at the stock. On 4/22/13 233 candle I received a indicator on CAT. On 4/23/13 Daily candle I received a indicator on PVH. I closed both of them out today because I was happy with the trade and with GDP coming out tomorrow who knows what will happen.

Joe
Dan
Re: Time to make the Bricks
April 26, 2013 08:51AM
The only WIN indicator I can seem to find on TradeStation is a third party product that costs $167 per month. Is this the indicator to which you are referring?
April 26, 2013 10:14AM
Hi Dan,

Yes that is the third party product that I am refering too. At first I said there was no way that I am going to pay for the service.. But then I started to look at things differently because I would have a great trade followed by a losing trade. So at the end of the month I was at a zero profit. I was spending too much time in front of the charts looking for trades. With this product it alerts me that something is setting up for a trade. Then I go and look at the chart to see if we have a trade. Just because I have an alert does not mean that I have a trade. It just stacks the odds in my favor for a possible trade. I still use everything that I was trained to do. Then I ask my self this next question ( is it a trade Yes or No). If Yes I get in, because I am doing what the charts are doing. Before I would sit in front of the charts looking for a trade which in the end made me force trades that I should have never been in. Now I just check computer a few times per day to see if I have a trade. No alert, No reason to look for a trade. It is still alot cheaper then Qchart $200+ every month and me forcing trades. It looks like you still get a free trail, I would try it. Nothing venture nothing gained. Hopes this help

Joe
April 26, 2013 11:49AM
Joe,
Do you use the WIN indicator in all time frames or just daily and 55?
Thanks, James
April 26, 2013 12:50PM
I use it on all charts. Weekly, Daily , 233 and 55. The time frame does not matter. For me I use it on the Daily and 233 for big chart moves. Big charts less babysitting. . I have used it on the 55 when I am home during the day when I can babysit the trade.. It also work good for buying vault stocks and dealing with my 403B account (Mutal funds). A neat thing that I have found is that you can set up the indicator in a scanner, So no matter what time frame I am using after the candle has closed I can schedule the scan to run a scan to find any alerts for that indicator. Example: So I come home at 2pm from work. I do not have enough time to look through every stock on the 233 chart to see if I have had an alert. I just go to my scanner and look for the scan which ran at 1:24 pm. Now I know which stocks I have to look at.

For another example Today 233
AEM
AMZN
CXO
DECK
GOOG
MLM
VMI
WIRE

I will look at these stocks to see if there is a trade. If there is I get in, If not I do not do anything. 8 stocks takes me less than 3 minutes to check and make a move. Now I have time to go back to work, or do whatever I want.

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login