Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Traded CF off the Bigcharts!!!

Posted by rookie30 
Traded CF off the Bigcharts!!!
April 25, 2013 03:02PM
I have been studying bigger charts and wanted to share this trade with the forum. CF and AAPL were the first two stocks I traded, so I know CF fairly well.

I have listened to BigCharts and started watching larger charts for a solid trend. I noticed on yesterday, the 24th that the bigger charts were showing a lot of strength. The Daily had a lot of fuel and had broken my mid-band. The 233 had crossed the mid-band and was sitting on it. I also noticed that my 10:25 candle on the 55 was sitting above the 20-Day and my "E" was forming. I looked at my Money Flow and noticed it was looking good and was at about 65 and going up. It had broken the previous day's high. The biggest risk was it seemed overbought when looking at the 55 and it was sitting on top of the bolinger band. Based on what I knew about the stock, I felt it had juice and would continue to rise. There was too much momentum.

I bought 3 May 13 180 Calls at about 10:10 or so for 9.95 ( $3000.05). I HELD OVERNIGHT and sold today at about 3:15 today for $12.45 ($3719.86). This was a tough trade for me, and I am sure some can see all kinds of flaws, but I needed to trust my research and knowledge. When I see the Daily, 233, and 55 all going in the same direction, along with all of the other indicators, in my world, I would be stupid not to trade it. I saw nothing that convinced me to get out, so I stayed overnight. I slept with one eye open, but nevertheless, I was at least breathing.

I am watching CF because I think it could start back down really soon-like tomorrow, but I am careful as we transition into the summer. I was NOT going back in this evening. I would have been a walking dead man in the morning!
Re: Traded CF off the Bigcharts!!!
April 25, 2013 03:04PM
I forgot to mention... I cleared $719.81 on the trade. Most I have cleared on a trade this year! Happy In Hawaii!!
Re: Traded CF off the Bigcharts!!!
April 26, 2013 10:59AM
Nice Job,

Great description of your trade.

Have a fantastic weekend in Hawaii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login