Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Retirement Choice!

Posted by rookie30 
Retirement Choice!
April 01, 2013 10:47PM
Those of us who has listened to 1-5 more times than you are willing to admit will love this short story.

My mentor is the same person who bought to entire WSB program for me (expensive). He was one of the orignial students who spent time in Gary's home, recieving "hands on training". My mentor has fully funded his W&O, earns a minimum of 5% monthly, has been piling money in "The Vault" for a few years, and continues to work in a wood mill (management). He followed Gary's plan from top to bottom and has clearly reached retirment choice. He makes over 300k a year trading stocks. His 9-5 pays him about 45K a year

The company he works for recently upgraded their entire computer system. My mentor's boss came into his office and asked him why does he have Qcharts loaded on his computer. Mentor made it clear to his boss that he sometimes enjoy watching candles paint and would minimize watching them paint so often. Well, his boss then stated to him that he needed to uninstall the program from his computer really soon. Mentor said, "I am addicted to watching those candles paint at least a few minutes out the day". Boss informed mentor that he will have the Tech department remove the program by the end of the day. My mentor informed his boss that he will have his resignation ready for him, and on his desk well before the end of the day. The boss asked my mentor if he really wants to quit his job after 20+ years only because he wants to watch stupid candles paint? Mentor stated, I simply want to go home, and spend the remainder of my life watching my candles paint and lines cross. The next morning mentor booted his system and did not see Qcharts any longer. He resigned immediately!
Re: Retirement Choice!
April 02, 2013 06:26AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
April 03, 2013 10:04AM
I will pull back a little on my postings. I do not want to dominate the forum, so this will be my last for awhile. I just like to share if I think it can help someone. Those who PM me know I will do everything I can to help. I want to know that a person is working to get better, but I will share-only if I have had success with the approach.

This morning I bought 5 175 April Put contracts on NFLX. I bought shortly after Amatuer HR. I bought it at 9:46 and exited at 10:20. My profit was a little over $600 in less than 40 minutes.

It was a simple trade that was about as easy of a concept as I know. When NFLX opens with that long candle that breaks the previous day's low or high, and it is below or above my 8 MA, I almost always have a trade. My staple rule is I only trade in the direction of the DOW and NAS. I have taken a few chances in the past, but I try not to ever make this mistake.

I knew the trade would be short because RTT showed NFLX trending up this week, but I did not think it would be as profitable. Shortly after the open, the market was green, but flix continued to drop. The DOW turned and started heading for the redzone and flix was still going down. That was my KEY. If it was going down when the market was inching up, then it was more than likely going to go down if the market turns and heads down. That MACD was turning down on 55 and heading down on the 13. I also saw good separation. I saw that "E developed on my 13 with my 5, 10 and 20 MA chart (chart from Technical Analysis for Dummies). Everything pointed to a trade, so I dove in. As always, when I sold the position, I CLOSED UP SHOP for the remainder of the day to never look back-until after market close.

I just get excited and know you guys "get it" If a person has not gone through WSB, they usually do not
Get it". I will go away for a while and give you guys a little break!
April 03, 2013 10:49AM
Rookie, your posts help me quite a bit, so please don't back off!! I seldom comment because I feel like I don't have anything to add but more questions. I would miss your insights. You are not hogging the board, and if your comments help one person, then who cares about anyone who thinks otherwise. I would say the same thing to Darcy and others who offer their experiences. I so look forward to seeing what you all are doing!

Congrats on your NFLX trade!
April 03, 2013 02:32PM
Rookie,

I say amen to what Dash said. I get a lot out of your comments and am excited whenever I see a new comment on these boards because they are so beneficial.

I have recently had some success in my W&O trades, so I may start posting more about those experiences to give people something else to think about - and so folks like you and Darcy don't worry so much about "monopolizing" the boards.

Congratulations on a fabulous trade!

-Jon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 02:33PM by Kars.
April 03, 2013 04:41PM
I agree as well. Please post as often as you would like, Rookie.

RTT Forum Admin
April 03, 2013 06:28PM
Thanks a lot. Those comments mean a lot to me. I love sharing. I love when people have those "Aha" moments. As I have always stated, I am not great at this, but I am good enough to be dangerous-LOL! God is blessing me to do this fairly well, so I would love to continue sharing. I feel in my heart that there are some of us who need the extra income. If I can help someone to provide more for their family by sharing a little information, I will not hesitate.

Suggestion:
Focus on the following steps.....
Find 5 that move
Become intimate with all 5
Within your 5, look for 2 golden trades a week that you would lay down in front of. Side note: If you cannot find 2 golden trades a week, it is either you have chosen stocks that do not move, you do not know your stocks, or you need to read, study and practice alot more. 2 a week will come out of the screen and slap you in the face.
If you do not see a golden trade, do not enter a position. Wait until it comes and slaps you!
I have humbled down and started waiting for my Golden Trades.

Woo Wee! I love getting slapped in the face!
TCB
April 03, 2013 09:22PM
I also agree with everyone else about your post Rookie. I look forward to seeing yours and Darcy's post. This forum is so beneficial to everyone. Thanks for everyone's post and keep up the good work.
April 06, 2013 12:53PM
Retirement.... well good for him. What the heck was wrong with his boss?thumbs down He should have asked your mentor to teach him how to paint! What a nut case!eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2013 12:54PM by Darcy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login