Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Just bought another book

Posted by Darcy 
Just bought another book
March 18, 2013 04:21PM
Got a book coming that is used (I buy all my books used) and will be reading the following:

"TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF GAPS: IDENTIFYING PROFITABLE GAPS FOR TRADING" by Julie R. Dahlquist.

Haven't gotten it yet but I am excited about it coming!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 04:22PM by Darcy.
Re: Just bought another book
March 20, 2013 11:12AM
Hello Darcy,

I was wondering when you set up your 21 min chart with moving averages and Money Flow Index do you use 14 as the length since it is the standard setting or you use something else. Thank you for all of your help you really have inspired me to keep on working hard.
Re: Just bought another book
March 20, 2013 06:39PM
Yep. I use the standard 14. All 4 charts must line up before I trade.

What I mean by line up is a HRFP or a FP on at least the 55 and if a FP one of those MUST be the MACD.

On the moving average chart you need a spreading apart of the moving averages. What I mean is you must be able to see a space between the moving average lines...moving averages will spread something like an "E" and will be moving up or down and you must have at least the 5 crossing the 20 moving average on those moving average charts and they must concur with Gary's charts.

The ADX line (mine is dark gray - thickness 2) must be turning up for there to be a good trend. If it is flat you can squeeze a little out of a trade but I do not bother with those because they make me sweat! . **Remember the ADX line will turn up even if you are looking for a PUT if the trend is strong.**

On the moving average charts the money flow index must be turning up or down depending on how the trade is moving.
If I do not have all of this I do not trade...period!

I have my 4 charts side by side on my laptop and on my two screens in my office. They are Gary's 55, a 10 moving average chart with money flow (half the size of Gary's) under the 10 I have the 21 moving average chart same size as the 10, and then I have Gary's 21 chart. I do glance at the daily to see if there's trend, gap, resistance or support.

It wasn't until about this time last year that I really "GOT IT!" My first trade grinning smiley (laughing at myself every time I tell this!!!!)........

I bought my option real cheap (real money too)...the Ask was .05 and the Bid was zero! It took about 20 minutes for it to set in that I wasn't going to make any money! I still laugh at myself over that...I mean I laugh really hard! It was obvious that I needed to study options! eye popping smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login