Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

LNKD Feb 27th

Posted by Darcy 
LNKD Feb 27th
February 28, 2013 06:26PM
S/O traded LNKD using the charts made from TAD which was just moving averages and money flow, and Gary's charts the 55 - 21. All charts gave a signal to buy on the open so S/O did. S/O really likes the TAD moving average charts along with Gary's and actually has traded off using all of them quite well. S/O made 90%. I suffered with the flu....sad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2013 06:28PM by Darcy.
Re: LNKD Feb 27th
February 28, 2013 08:39PM
Darcy,

I have gotten alot of great information from reading your post. I am a student of GW, and have used his techniques for a bit now. I didn't follow the rules to begin with, such as practicing for a year, therefore, I am going back to the basics and I am really taking this serious now. Any suggestions or feedback that you could give I would greatly appreciate it as far as mindset and to practice this on a daily basis.
Re: LNKD Feb 27th
March 01, 2013 06:31PM
bdollar20

Thanks but allow me to say right up front you already have one of the best teachers…GW.
If you have his CD’s I highly recommend listening to them until you get sick of hearing his voice and then put them aside for a week or so and then begin listening again.

GW says start with 3 stocks. Learn those. I started with 5. Some of those I no longer trade because well they are no longer a business (KMART for example) and some I just didn’t like them after I virtual/real money traded them. I am always trying techniques using GW’s info first and then something I learned.

There were a few rules I broke of GW’s. One was not to move on reading anything until you understand Martin Pring. I couldn’t get through the CD for longer than 15 minutes before I would start to fall asleep. Apparently I needed someone to yell at me! I never read that book or listened to the CD but I searched for other information on technicals. I looked all over…repeat all over the net for information. I really liked investopedia.com and still use it today.

I stumbled across TAD at Barnes and Noble while looking at other Tech books not on GW’s list. This was before I realized that what was more important was to get my brain around trading with real money.
All I can say is remember GW’s classes are based around earnings and stock splits, remember GW’s classes are based around earnings and stock splits, I repeat…. remember GW’s classes are based around earnings and stock splits. I’d say you are in the right place for at least one of those styles!

Today for example if you look at Dashboard… "Trading the Evidence"…you’ll see CRM was down going into earnings and according to GW you do not trade earnings without calling the company. HOWEVER after a company reports earnings look at their chart. RTT showed CRM down up to earnings however after reporting CRM had a huge pop, a real nice gap. I looked up CRM onBriefing.com, got the info on their report, looked at the chart and got in. In 15 minutes I made almost $960.00.

I mean it was a HRFP on the 55, and 21 and my ADX line is telling me the trend is strong and if my S/O’s moving average charts read a trade (he has a 10 and 21). Considering most of my trades last 15 minutes to maybe an hour or two I sit and watch the chart. I look at the daily to see where my stock stands on the chart. I use to buy and hold…I do not anymore. It is a different market right now IMHO. Hanging on would be like AAPL…..which is down…down… down. I looked at the April Puts yesterday for AAPL and they exceeded $20.00. I really usually only invest $3,000.00.

My suggestion keep practicing, trade the evidence, look all over the net for information but remember It really is an art thing. The hardest thing is pulling that trigger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 06:45PM by Darcy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login