Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Optionhouse or other brokerage

Posted by bubba 
Optionhouse or other brokerage
August 13, 2014 09:31PM
Currently using Optionsepxress but they are expensive and do not like the order menu, want to move to another firm, I am thinking about opening up a Optionhouse account, read on investimonials some very bad reviews, does anyone here have experience with Optionhouse or recommendations for a reliable broker with good prices? I did hear a few good things about Interactive Brokers. Thanks for your help!
TCB
Re: Optionhouse or other brokerage
August 14, 2014 01:07PM
I use TradeKing 4.95 a trade plus .65 a contract.
August 14, 2014 01:31PM
I have only tried a handful over the years. The two I have the most experience with are TD Ameritrade and TradeStation. Both have reasonable offers if you do your homework. TDA quotes something like $9.95 + whatever per contract (you can see I rarely pay attention to commissions on my GW type trading). You can get that down to $1.50 per contract or less without the upfront flat fee of $9.95. The easiest way to do this is open the account through a link located on Tasty Trade's website (my third account opened this way). TDA also has the TOS platform which, in my opinion, and will surprise many on this forum that I am saying this, is the best with managing the trade (entry, research, exit, flowing from screen to screen, etc.). After playing around and a few tutorials I see why TOS consistently won awards for option trading. Not as warm and fuzzy about their charts but love the platform.

TradeStation charting is excellent but you will have to pay a small fee for data to access the platform. Their brokerage fees can be flat $1 per contract depending on what you choose during sign up. Depending on the number of trades per month you can get that as low as $4.xx plus a few cents per contract. Only helps if you are trading large number of contracts. Depends on what is best for you. Charts, TS charting community, customer service are all excellent. Managing a trade is very clunky. That is their largest opportunity for growth.

Not sure if that helps but thought I would give my two cents.

NCT
August 14, 2014 05:50PM
You can talk to Optionsxpress and get those commisions lowered. I think I noticed that darcy2 was paying 14.95 which is what Optionsxpress starts you at. I currently pay 9.95 which really adds up 70 ish trades a year 10 dollars saved on a round trip trade its worth the little bit of effort it takes to call.
August 15, 2014 10:33PM
I agree think or swim platform is best hands down. But I have a Tradestation account as well because of their charts. Charting is great as said before with with Tradestation but trading platform is indeed clunky.
August 20, 2014 08:05AM
I like Optionxpress. I do pay $14.95 but have not asked for a lower rate. I will now! Thanks ncptech for that info.I like Optionxpress because I get filled fast.

S/O uses TOS/TD. He gets filled in bits some time. In other words he may place an order for 10 contracts for $3.00 and he'll get 2 and then a few minutes later he'll get 2 more and then maybe 4 and then 2 more. He is fine with that but it drives me nutty.eye popping smiley

Not sure how all these" houses" work. It seems that they fill you according to the options they have available or something like that. I like getting what I want when I want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login