Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Any Swimmers Still Using Briefing?

Posted by NCTrader 
Any Swimmers Still Using Briefing?
July 12, 2014 11:38AM
The more I play around with setting up TOS as a backup the more I discover it can do. I still prefer TS charting, history, screening, and development environment but TOS has a lot of great features. Are there any TOS power users out there that still use Briefing.com? If so why? I have my Briefing account from years ago and keep it due to the fact that the cost would more than double if I leave and come back. That said TOS appears to have everything I use Briefing for (basic news, earnings, split info, etc.). Just curious what others are doing.

NCT
Re: Any Swimmers Still Using Briefing?
July 16, 2014 03:43PM
Hey NCT:

I use the (limited) portal for Briefing through my OptionsXpress, which is why I kept OXP. Click under "Research" then "Market Overview" You will see Briefing commentary "more" in the middle of the screen. Splits and other data on the side column.

Still liking TS?

Chunk
July 16, 2014 08:49PM
I still use briefing for a couple things.
1. I have confidence in Briefing's earnings dates once they have been labeled as confirmed. I have seen TOS's dates bounce around a bit.
2. I also like looking at the Stock Market Update after the close. It gives you a quick synopsis of what happened during market hours after the fact.

I also use their split calendar, but since you have made this post I went and just discovered the calendar tab within TOS. My mouth dropped. Very impressed with this platform

Cheers
July 17, 2014 01:56PM
Chunk, yes, I still love TS and continue to learn daily. I wish I had made the change a few years ago when I was doing a lot of earnings research (prior to RTT). TS Easy Language also provides access to historical fundamentals as well as any canned or customized TA study. I did not think I would ever say this but I am also starting to dig TOS. TS kicks butt with charting, scanning, and community support while TOS excels on options, options analysis, and portfolio management. I am using TS for my trading basic options and chart analysis and TOS for my IRA and long term vault.

rocawill,

Appreciate the response. Data integrity is one of the reasons why I asked. I like Briefing for the reasons you mentioned. I wasn't sure if anyone had experienced potential "data irregularities" with TOS dates. I stumbled across a daily chart for PXD that was missing two weeks worth of data. I am sure it could happen to anyone but it did not give me warm and fuzzies that I could rely on TOS if needed. That plus the fact that the TradeStation charting experience suits me better.

NCT
July 19, 2014 08:52AM
I just got an email from them offering a discount to their service for platinum for 100 for the year. If you want more info send me a pm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login