Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

TOS Data & Misc Question

Posted by NCTrader 
TOS Data & Misc Question
July 06, 2014 11:28AM
Question for all of the TOS experts out there. I am working on setting up TOS as a backup for TS and noted a data integrity issue. Look at the below chart for PXD Daily. The first blue arrow denotes trading day 2/28. The very next candle / blue arrow denotes 3/14. I am missing two weeks worth of data which explains the gap down. Tradestation is fine - no gap. Does TOS have known data issues? Anyone aware of a simple fix in TOS so that I have a complete data series?

On a completely separate subject I have finally worked through some of my frustrations with TOS except one. I like to have my Daily chart configured to a default of two years. That said I do not want the daily to show two years each time I open up TOS. I want to be able to set the Daily view to say a month or two when the chart opens and then scroll back if needed (like QC). Each time I open up the program TOS compresses the timeframe so that I automatically see the entire two years causing me to resize the charts each time I log in. Any way around this? I tried saving layouts, grids, and workspace to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

NCT

[/img]
Re: TOS Data & Misc Question
July 06, 2014 11:44AM
This should help...

Go to the top of your chart and click on the small wrench beside the 'D' for Daily, this will open the 'chart settings option', when that opens click on the 'time axis' tab, beside the 'scale:' tab make sure the 'keep time zoom" box is checked. This will allow you to keep your chart and expansion you want and will allow you to check other stocks in your watch list without having to readjust your charts every time.

This was driving me crazy also, untill I saw how it was corrected through some webinar a few years ago.

Hope this helps
Dan
July 06, 2014 02:28PM
Yep, I also show this data as missing. I checked my account with a different provider (not TradeStation) and the missing data is available. If you check with TD Ameritrade support, they should be able to offer an explanation and hopefully correct the error by making the missing data available.
July 07, 2014 07:34AM
Appreciate the responses! I have a couple of accounts with TDA and was getting a bit excited that I a viable backup should I ever have problems with TS. Unfortunately the data issue is a bit concerning. First page of a Google search suggests there have been data issues with TOS this year (missing data). Appears to be intermittent, primarily focused on intraday around open and close so most individuals are writing it off as "...providers have different data sources and therefore...". Given that I was planning on using TOS as a backup I am not sure it is not worth spending time on the phone with technical support. If I have a minute to call and find out anything I will provide an update.

NCT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login