Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Off the candle only

Posted by Darcy2 
Off the candle only
June 17, 2014 09:02AM
June 13th I bought NFLX off the candle on the 55 chart. That candle appeared at 11:20 (the close for that candle...so look at the candle that started at 10:25. This was a strong u signal so I bought 4 June 420 calls for $8.55 and hung on for the ride. This was a long ride for me because I sold this morning for $26.55.

This was a purchase entirely off a candle signal which according to Stephen Bigalow is a major signal...a inverted hammer.

I hung on because on the daily the candle for 6/13 was half of my gap measure from 1/22 to 1/23. On a daily chart I generally hold my gap measures for 1 year. My full gap measure is 454.and change but I was happy in Hawaii. BTW I am not in any way suggesting anyone jump on NFLX based on a full gap measure.
Re: Off the candle only
June 17, 2014 09:52AM
I jumped on TSLA this morning. It just would not stop running, so I rode it until I was tired. I know how TSLA can run when it gets started, so I was not going to miss this one. TSLA is not one of my favorite stocks, but basic knowledge would tell a trader that this stock has been on the move, so I have been watching it closely. The DOW was not 20 points above, but it had come up significantly from the first 15 minutes.

I picked up almost 100% profit in about 30 minutes. I made more in this one trade as I have made in 3 weeks. Now that was the first off an intraday trade for me. I do not have a lot of "firsts" anymore. I had to call the wife and tell her about this trade. I told her, forget cooking Spaghetti tonight, we are going out to Buca Da Beca and eat real Italian Food. I followed up and stated, "Big Daddy is coming home right now because we are going to eat lunch as well (She is a school teacher and out for the summer). Now tomorrow, we are back to being poor again". She could only laugh and asked me to be careful and do not get too excited because I have been known to make impulsive decisions.
June 17, 2014 10:55AM
Oh Rookie don't talk Italian 2 me!!! eye popping smiley

S/O and I often went to the Atlanta mart to buy product we sell. We've been to Buck Head resturants (yummy) but once on our way home we pulled off interstate (running late and we were going to get a room for the night) and ran across a wonderful resturant called Scalini's (Symnra GA). As soon as we walked in the door we knew we were ready for some of the best Italian food we could ever hope to eat.

If you ever get the chance go................to die for!!!

[www.scalinis.com]

S/O got in TSLA yesterday and held over night. Got in after TSLA broke the 214.00 level and had E only on all charts. S/O bought 7 June 215 strike calls. He is still in but will sell some time today he said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 11:05AM by Darcy2.
June 17, 2014 01:52PM
I am familiar with Smyrna Ga. We will have to try Scalini's. If you are in the mood for southern food, I have a place that you might want to try. If you are traveling 85 S, get off in Anderson SC try this nice little restaurant. It is called "Mama Penns" in Anderson SC. Oh my, my, my! Now, I love country kookin, so when I lived in that area, I helped keep the doors open at MP's. I hate to "go here" because this is such a stereotypical meal for African Americans, but dang, they have the best Fried Chicken, Mac-n-Cheese, Collard Greens, and Strawberry Shortcake/Banana Pudding! Top it off with a large glass of Sweet Tea. Now that meals right there will make you "Slap Yo Mama" (kidding). This is one of those meals that will have you napping all day. If you happen to go through during the early AM, get the "Talk of the Town". This breakfast comes with 3 pancakes, 3 eggs, 5 strips of bacon or 3 sausage patties and grits or hashbrown. This is just too much food for most people. My wife and I split a TOT and pay a bit over 5 bucks for the meal. MP's really over feed folks!! I am just glad we moved away.

Wow- S/O got all of that move. It has sky rocketed. This stock is sustaining. I am blown away how much this stock has moved in the last couple of days. It is one of those beasts that will move in the direction it wants-despite the broad market. Those are some dangerous stocks if you do not know what you are doing. It can wipe an entire position out within a matter of a few minutes. This one gives me the Heebie Jeebies.
June 18, 2014 07:43AM
Darcy2, in Georgia we call it Butthead. GP
June 18, 2014 10:12AM
rookie30...Love country cooking. In my area we have family style country resturant named Shatley Springs.

[www.shatleysprings.com]

Folks come from all over the state to eat there.

Yeah I have liked TSLA a lot. S/O sold yesterday. AMZN has been acting really strange lately. Caution on that one.

Georgia Peach...LOL...I am impressed with Buck Heads high end but never shopped there. Have been to some of the resturants and they were very good. Visited the mall with the marble floors and the touch me not stores! I was impressed.

I like GA almost as much as NC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2014 10:25AM by Darcy2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login