Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Would it be useful to discuss current trade or trade ideas than past trades?

Posted by vsrinvsn 
Would it be useful to discuss current trade or trade ideas than past trades?
April 26, 2011 06:20AM
I was wondering if we discuss the trade ideas based on RTT indications or trade that are being executed currently? It will be more useful to interpret strategies with current market situations. just a thoughtsmiling smiley Not sure how much we learn from past trades other than being executed succesfully!
Re: Would it be useful to discuss current trade or trade ideas than past trades?
April 28, 2011 12:40PM
Humm…

Discussing current trades would be helpful in some ways but then it makes it easier for someone to jump in on a trade without having done any research on their own. I think most traders don’t like that thought especially after they have studied years to get where they are.

Actually there is much more to learn after a trade is over. There isn’t really a lot to say why I got in except I could clearly see a fall or a rise in the Daily chart. I use a half a day chart or a full daily for trends most of the time.

Here is a trade I am in…. I really do not like trading in mixed markets and I seldom trade when that happens which is why I hesitated to trade AAPL today but my husband got a candle signal on Strategy Desk and told me of the signal. I tracked it using my criteria, waited for a buy signal and got in at around 11:14. I am up +680.00. The trend line I drew is not broken yet. The minute I get a candle close above the trend line I drew I will be out of the trade. If it had not been for the trend line I drew I would have been scared out on my trade at least 2 hours ago when I was down $20.00. Over time I have realized that the trend line I draw makes me money…so I like a trend line for getting in and one for getting out.

For more information on candles go to CandlestickForum with Stephen Bigalow. He used to have a chat once a week that people could join.

I L-O-V-E….love, love, love RTT! The time it has saved me is phenomenal! I have made numerous trades with the information I have gotten from them. All of these trades have been profitable. I will be with this group until they decide to STOP which I hope is long AFTER my demise! I have used it on several trades always referring back to my buy and sell signals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 12:41PM by Darcy.
Re: Would it be useful to discuss current trade or trade ideas than past trades?
December 02, 2011 11:16AM
vsrinvsn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was wondering if we discuss the trade ideas
> based on RTT indications or trade that are being
> executed currently? It will be more useful to
> interpret strategies with current market
> situations. just a thoughtsmiling smiley Not sure how much we
> learn from past trades other than being executed
> succesfully!

I love reading about past trades, successful or not. It is very useful for me to analyze and learn from completed trades.

I also wouldn't mind discussing some potential upcoming trades as well. How do you pick which ResearchTrade trends to use? I typically use the Best Trends page and take a look at the charts of those plays to see if any of the trends match with current technical/chart entries.
January 02, 2012 05:46AM
I also love reading about past trades. Discussing current trades would be helpful in some ways there is much more to learn after a trade is over. There isn’t really a lot to say why I got in except I could clearly see a fall or a rise in the Daily chart. I use a half a day chart or a full daily for trends most of the time.

High School Diploma
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login