Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Need guidance

Posted by rookie30 
Need guidance
September 18, 2012 05:14AM
I have a friend who has expressed interest in learning to trade. He is sharp, personable, and has been a friend for 15 years. What I am finding is he wants the seed in the middle, but does not want to peel back the layers to reach it (maybe not a good analogy!). He wants me to give him everything! What I am finding is, he is asking a lot of questions, apparently writing down my answers, and finding ways to have successful paper trades. I shared some of my material with him, so he could get an idea of how it works. He convinced me that he simply wanted to browse over the manuals and listen to a couple of CD's-just to get an idea and build more enthusiasm in WSB. Well, stupid me, allowed him to take a look at my materials for only a couple of hours. I told him that I am not going to allow anyone to photo copy or burn my cd's. First of all, I do not think it is completely legal- not in my world. Well, I am almost positive he copied the information. He could not be found a couple of hours after I allowed him to take a look at my materials. He returned my information about 4 hours after I allowed him to listen to it. Good thing is, I only allowed him to listen to a few CD's from class 1 and look at Class 1 Manual. I will never let my 2-5 leave my home.

This person is enthusiastic and is trying to do everything possible to be successful by using my knowledge, materials and other tips, but he does not want to do all the work. He has had a few wins on paper trades, but he is a "leach" who is trying to suck the knowledge from others without doing the grunt work. I have pulled back from conversations regarding trading. Sadly, our relationship has changed. I am sure he clearly knows, I do not talk trading with him anymore. Am I wrong for my recent approach to refrain from continuing to help him?
Re: Need guidance
September 18, 2012 08:55AM
No. I had some of those also but when I refused to assist they with drew. If it were me I would pray for him because he is about to lose perhaps everything he has.

I also know someone who is a friend of a friend who did this. They traded just the news and needless to say for a while they did good. But they ended up losing their trading money 4 times.

The best thing you can do is warn him he is playing with fire but don't assist him any further. He does not sound like a friend. This is what Gary warned about in my class when he said, "I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND!!" Gary was my mentor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login