Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Newbie; Help with Think of Swim Set Up

Posted by SkateRedArmy 
Newbie; Help with Think of Swim Set Up
April 22, 2014 07:26PM
I'm am totally new to this forum and have been reading so much great information that has been posted. I have been messing around with Think or Swim and actually opened an account so I could watch CNBC for free during market hours. But after reading some of the posts I've almost been able to almost replicate my QCharts set up but there are a couple things that are driving me mad.

1. How do I remove the volume study? It seems to be embedded but I've seen it gone on other posters workspaces.
2. How do you scroll back in time for historical pricing. It's so easy on QCharts.

I'm a bit tired of spending so much money on QCharts and have been thinking of dropping my subscription if I can figure out ToS. If there are any members out there who can guide me, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Eric
Re: Newbie; Help with Think of Swim Set Up
April 22, 2014 07:39PM
On your charts you will see style, drawings, and studies across the top. You have to click on the little wrench icon to the left of them and then choose equities and uncheck the box next to the (show volume subgraph.) You can also do this for futures and options also.

To scroll back in time you just use the arrows on the bottom left and right sides of the screen or you can left click and move the slider bar at the bottom of the chart.

Hope this is what you meant...

TOS has a big learning curve compared to Qcharts, but after you get used to it, it is hard to beat the price.
April 22, 2014 09:24PM
Thanks djpl8 for the help; very appreciated. That was what I was looking for. Except when I click on the left or right arrows at the bottom left and right respectively, nothing happens. Any ideas? Is there some lock function? There must be a box somewhere that I need to check or uncheck.

I found a place to save a multi chart workspace, but I don't see where you can load that workspace. Any idea? I don't want to manually put in the time frame every time I turn on ToS.

Thanks,

Eric
TCB
April 23, 2014 12:23AM
Hi, and welcome. To load the workspace, look at the top right and click on setup, this should drop down the options. At the bottom you should see a name of a workspace that you have saved and you can select it to open that workspace.
As far as saving the setting of the chart you can right click in the chart and select style, save style (name it what you want) and that style should save. To load that style again when you open another chart window just right click and select style, and choose the one you saved and it will load the settings in that chart. Also when you want to scroll to see historical data, intraday charts go only back for 20 days. Daily goes for years. Right click on the chart, choose style, choose daily and select the time frame you want to scroll back through. Hope this helps
April 23, 2014 12:15PM
Thanks for the help TCB!

I was toggling back and forth between my work computer and my home computer when I was messing around with the set up at work I must not have saved the workspace. And after a bit of time, I was able to figure out the scrolling time thing, You have to set your time frame first then the candle duration. Then after zooming in you can scroll back.

ToS is a bit more cumbersome then QCharts for sure. I need more time with the ToS platform but I can see its potential.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login