Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Running Charts from IPAD

Posted by rookie30 
Running Charts from IPAD
July 30, 2012 02:46PM
Can someone tell me whether or not there are issues or concerns running Qcharts on an IPad? My job does not allow me to download Qcharts to the company computer. I have a laptop, but it is getting old and starting to give me messages, indicating I have memory issues. I will either replace my laptop with a faster machine-or I will buy an IPad because I am sure it would be more mobile than my laptop. If my computer when down and I were in a position and could not get out when I wanted, I would go nuts. Please help!

Thanks,
Rookie
Re: Running Charts from IPAD
July 30, 2012 06:36PM
Qcharts can't run on an iPad, they don't have an app. That was one thing I looked into when trying to decide if I wanted to continue using Qcharts.

I use TD Ameritrade's ThinkorSwim, which has most of Qcharts' functionality, but it's free with an account.
July 30, 2012 09:23PM
Thank you so much! I will invest in another laptop. I should be able to find one that will run my charts adequately for a pretty good price. Thanks for the recommendation on Charts.
July 31, 2012 09:07PM
TDAmeritrade also has a downloadable charting app called Strategy Desk, it is also free and is basically identical to Qcharts. I read that it is an older version of Qcharts. I don't use it anymore and have no idea if it will run on iPad, but thought I'd mention it. I currently use ThinkorSwim with Prophet Charts from TDAmeritrade, but I originally went with TDAmeritrade for Strategy Desk.
August 25, 2012 11:44AM
I run StrategyDesk on my laptops at home and at work, and it works great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login