Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

FP Daily TOS scan versus Intraday SD scan

Posted by crystal368 
FP Daily TOS scan versus Intraday SD scan
March 27, 2014 04:55PM
Hi everybody:

Have a question regarding scanning for FP's and thanks to all that take the time to reply.

Is it preferred and even vital to scan intraday, using time frames lower than daily, for FP's & HRFP's ? Or, does a daily FP scan(during market hours) equate to an intraday scan?

Seems intraday scanning, using 55, 34 & 21 minute time frames, would be crucial for making an advantageous entry.

My understanding is that TOS cannot scan for FP's using intraday custom time frames like the 55,34,21 & 8 but SD is capable.

Robert posted a working daily FP scan for TOS which I am using as part of my new, still-in-progress FP system. Made a post about that earlier today: [www.researchtrade.com]

This may seem like a silly/stupid question but I welcome any feed back. Thanks.
Re: FP Daily TOS scan versus Intraday SD scan
March 27, 2014 07:09PM
I think it all depends on what kind of charts you like to make decisions off of and which charts you use to make a more precise entry. GW advises using big charts for earnings / splits, but many folks here use intraday charts and use them well.

I think scanning helps quite a bit especially if you look at a lot of stocks. If you find it useful then go ahead and use it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login