Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

massive volume from nothing script TOS

Posted by shane2bt 
massive volume from nothing script TOS
March 26, 2014 12:29AM
hello, I am trying to figure out how to write a script that i can load into thinkscript that will look at all stocks and report ones that have increasing almost instant volume from near nothing on minute data.. therefore cause price to go up and perfect entry points for a scalp... these all share very similar volume characteristics that move stock WAY up

like this

[s13.postimg.org]

and this
[s29.postimg.org]

and this
[s12.postimg.org]

and this
[s18.postimg.org]

thanks for any help..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2014 12:36AM by shane2bt.
Re: massive volume from nothing script TOS
March 26, 2014 12:30AM
thanks in advance for any help with this
March 27, 2014 07:30PM
I see that you are trading OTC/Penny stocks. You must be following Jason Bond, Timothy Sykes, or one of those guys. Figured you would be using level II and/or Finviz to scan for trades. Are you consistently profitable trading OTC stocks? Just curious...
March 27, 2014 07:57PM
DJPl8

Yes sir, those are good movers when they have VOLUME. I trade all kinds of stocks, and I am profitable .. up 400% over past 12 months. I do use finviz, TOS, and equityfeed. i am into all things that help me win. tim sykes, no im not a follower,Actually, I have been learning from Ben Brenneman at csquaredtrading.com he is a great teacher and has turned my trading around 180 degrees. I like to trade fast and be out with my gains or small loss, but never a big loss.. What kind of stuff do you trade? Is volume in your opinion a criteria you consider important?
March 28, 2014 04:47AM
Shane2bt

I don't trade that many real money trades. Last one was Google a couple of weeks ago for a .76 profit on the call option. I have been practice trading a lot, but am not consistent enough for my liking. Over time, I have never had a losing year trading stocks. I came to this realization a few months ago because I refuse to give up at this. I stripped my charts down to only a few indicators and volume. It seems that learning to read volume is a great tool.

I have done some practice trades on PLUG, PHOT and a few others in the past few weeks and have a better win rate on stocks than options. I know people who trade options on the big charts and make pretty consistent money, but I can't get that kind of trading to fit my personality. I don't mind buying a stock and riding it out for days or weeks, but I can't seem to pull the trigger to trade options the same way. I really think I am a scalper at heart

I also use TOS and Finviz. When you hear quotes from people who trade OTC's for a living and they are having 10 to 15K days and they will not touch options or futures or Nasdaq stocks because of the market makers and High frequency trading programs, it makes you look at trading a little different.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login