Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Stock Hacker for W&O on TOS

Posted by Spang67 
Stock Hacker for W&O on TOS
March 21, 2014 03:35AM
I took WSB 1-5 via the streaming videos in 2008 and have been doing W&O sporadically with modest success since then. By modest I mean small gains in the 3-10% range, and virtually no losses. My lower range gains are most commonly from failing to sit on the piano sufficiently and I am working on developing the discipline for that. I have found it hard to resist selling the first OTM calls when I can make $1-2K in a day or two!

I use Gary's rules and indicators combined along with some fundamentals I got from John Brasher's CallWriter seminars to help me pick stocks I wouldn't mind owning for a little while.

Time committments of my career (military surgeon) have limited my ability to expand my trading beyond this but now I'm in a position to spend more time perfecting this technique while looking for some smaller chart techniques to practice trade with. I'm grateful for the discussion here and want to throw out a big "thanks" to Darcy2 and others who are so willing to take the extra time away from their trading, families and work to share.

My biggest problem seems to be finding stocks with the setups I like and have been successful with in the past. I love the ones coming off the BBB, and particularly the ones with nice suppot. I subscribe to Channelingstocks.com and have picked up a few trades on there, by far enough to justify the expense, but feel like longterm success with W&O hinges on the ability to FIND those stock while continuing to perfect the technique.

I've set up a couple of screens to help look for these chart patterns on TOS but usually I get on the order of 50-100 stocks and may find 1 or 2, or often no setups that actually fit what I'm looking for. Does anyone have TOS Stock Hacker screen they would be willing to share or at least point me in the right direction toward setting up one?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Stock Hacker for W&O on TOS
March 21, 2014 01:50PM
Hello, Spang67. Welcome to the forum.

Spang67
Does anyone have TOS Stock Hacker screen they would be willing to share or at least point me in the right direction toward setting up one?

I don't really use that feature of TOS, but if you'll describe the parameters you want to scan for then, perhaps, I or one of the other members will be able to help you figure it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login