Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Qcharts vs another charting platform

Posted by mecave 
Re: Qcharts vs another charting platform
November 07, 2013 08:24AM
In keeping with the GW Qcharts theme. Last night I modified my TOS to look more like Q-charts. Of course I only have one large 24 inch monitor at the moment:-) I detached the workspace from TOS to get a better image. I actually like these colors, I may keep them:-)

November 07, 2013 09:05AM
Chunk,
I have that way b/c I want to see the line that connects the candles. That's is one of the big nugget I just gave to everyone that didn't know.
November 07, 2013 09:40AM
TraderJoe
Another plus about Tradestation is they have a strategy network where people sell indictors and strategy. Not that I like to vary from my current training but I found a indictor that helps me hit my entry on all of my trades. I am thinking that this guy must have been a former student of GW because for some reason his indictor signals at the same time as I would get into a trade. The guy says he uses 4 indicators but will not tell you what they are but looking at it from my training, it always seems to be either a FP or HRFP. The indicator on on the staregy network is called the W.I.N (The W(hat’s) I(mportant) N(ow) ). The Guy does give you a free trial so there is nothing to lose.

I use TOS and am not at all familiar with the W.I.N. My only exposure to it has been what TraderJoe and BigMoney have posted in this thread. However, after reading TraderJoe's statement above, I have to agree that it is possible that the W.I.N. is using similar criteria as GW. You can see that my script signaled a GW Fat PItch at the same time that BigMoney's W.I.N. gave a signal.

I'd be interested in comparing other [past] W.I.N. signals to the GW FP/HRFP signals just to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 10:10AM by robert.
November 07, 2013 12:42PM
Big $

There is a thread on toolbar community discussion about Autowave replication attempts on TradeStation homepage. Log in, and then search under "Autowave".

Maybe we can suggest to client services...

Chunk
November 07, 2013 02:16PM
Hey Richie Rick,

I use TOS and GW Settings trading the BIG Charts. Ive edited the MACD in TOS to match Qcharts. The Red line should cross under the green line to match QCharts. My eyes were accustomed to Qcharts so ive tried to match them in TOS.
November 07, 2013 02:21PM
I went back and checked. It appears all my indicator lines have the red line on top of the green. I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks for pointing that out, now how to I resolve it? :-)
November 07, 2013 02:39PM
Hey Richie Rick,

All the other indicators are fine in TOS except for the CC in the price area. The candles are behind the CC and i have contacted TOS and that cannot be fixed. The candles should be in front of the CC to match Qcharts. Anyway here is the code for the MACD. Remember to change the fast length, slow length, and macd length to that of GW. You will have to create a new study. This should work it works fine with mine. For some reason this forum wants to put a winking smiley face where there should be a parentheses. You have to close the parentheses with a ) everywhere there is a smiley.

Thanks

declare lower;

input fastLength = 12;
input slowLength = 26;
input MACDLength = 9;
input AverageType = {SMA, default EMA};

plot Avg;
plot Value;
switch (AverageType) {
case SMA:
Value = Average(close, fastLength) - Average(close, slowLength);
Avg = Average(Value, MACDLength);
case EMA:
Value = ExpAverage(close, fastLength) - ExpAverage(close, slowLength);
Avg = ExpAverage(Value, MACDLength);
}

plot Diff = Value - Avg;
plot ZeroLine = 0;

Value.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
Avg.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
Diff.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));
Diff.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
Diff.SetLineWeight(3);
Diff.DefineColor("Positive and Up", Color.GREEN);
Diff.DefineColor("Positive and Down", Color.DARK_GREEN);
Diff.DefineColor("Negative and Down", Color.RED);
Diff.DefineColor("Negative and Up", Color.DARK_RED);
Diff.AssignValueColor(if Diff >= 0 then if Diff > Diff[1] then Diff.color("Positive and Up"winking smiley else Diff.color("Positive and Down"winking smiley else if Diff < Diff[1] then Diff.color("Negative and Down"winking smiley else Diff.color("Negative and Up"winking smiley);
ZeroLine.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(0));
November 07, 2013 02:58PM
Lol, lol, lol!!!

That is so funny concerning the smiley faces.

Concerning the CC and candles; it is ok with me if the indicators are in front of the candles. I'd like to match Q-Charts exactly, but if the CC in front of the candles is the only difference I'm fine with it. It's about the indicators anyway.

Thanks for posting the script change. Much appreciated:-)
November 07, 2013 04:39PM
Blessed2Invest
For some reason this forum wants to put a winking smiley face where there should be a parentheses. You have to close the parentheses with a ) everywhere there is a smiley.

November 07, 2013 04:54PM
BigMoney: those indicators below the CC, before the WIN goes off... are they indicating trend direction?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 04:58PM by ChairmanFaust.
November 07, 2013 05:43PM
Robert,

How were you able to remove the names and settings info from each of your indicator windows in TOS?
November 07, 2013 06:32PM
RichieRick
Robert,

How were you able to remove the names and settings info from each of your indicator windows in TOS?

I hate to say it, but I cannot tell you right now.

I have been messing with my layout for about 30 minutes since you asked the question and haven't been able to turn my labels back on. I also downloaded a fresh install of the software and have been unable to turn the labels off in that version. I believe there used to be a check box under the study settings which would allow you to turn them off. However, as you are aware, there was a major overhaul to the add/edit studies user interface about a month ago. I'm wondering if that setting has been removed.

I'm wondering if my labels are still off because the software is still reading a variable that had been set to off before the software update; but that variable seems to no longer be user configurable.

I'll keep messing with it a little bit later. If I figure out how to duplicate it, I'll report back.
November 07, 2013 06:44PM
I understand what you are saying. Makes sense to me. That may have been what happened. I'm sure there has to be a way. I'll keep fooling with it. If I discover it, I'll post it as well:-)
November 07, 2013 07:38PM
Hey Richie and Robert,

to turn off the names and settings for each indicator in TOS, go to Style - on one of your charts and scroll down to
Data box mode - and click the setting FIXED. It should in turn turn off all the settings and names on all your charts. I then just
made that data box real small and moved it out of my view. Hope this helps i dont like all the extra noise on my charts.

Thanks
November 07, 2013 08:41PM
Yep, that did it. I've had a fixed data window open for quite some time but didn't make the connection between it and the labels.

Thanks, Blessed.
November 07, 2013 10:15PM
NICE!!!! I did it.

Then I made the box as small as possible, and placed it on the title bar. Can't even see it now sitting up there out of the way. Thanks guys. Things are taking shape now. I finally got all my red crossing under green, and updated my candle sticks as well. I think I like the lighter colors better after all.

Night!
January 20, 2014 06:52AM
Helll Yeah!!!! anymore word on that?
Re: Update Topic From Qchart vs other
May 12, 2014 03:08PM
Big Money, Is the screen shot you included part of W.I.N--the part about the radar screen is there a place to get the countdown to earnings?
May 18, 2014 08:47AM
Hello everybody, i am looking for a contact for Gary williams in order to subscribe to one of his courses can anybody help me?
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login