Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Goog

Posted by RichieRick 
Goog
January 31, 2014 09:34AM
Is it me, or is the Market Maker on GOOG refusing to lower prices.
It seems crazy with all these huge gaps in price at the open, and every day it sells off big time. It just seems as if the MM is refusing to allow the price to continue to slide lower. On the first day I thought he was trying to make people "vomit" up there stocks, but now I just think the guy(s) is crazy. What you guys think?
Re: Goog
January 31, 2014 10:34AM
Rumor says GOOG may split 2 for 1. Could be the Market Maker is trying to keep the price where he wants it in case of a split announcement. Have you heard anything about the split?
January 31, 2014 10:58AM
No, I haven't heard of any split rumors for GOOG.
January 31, 2014 11:34AM
GOOG is splitting but I dont think its in a traditional sense. THey are creating a different class of stock that will allow ownership to retain the same % of voting rights. I do not believe the stock price will show any split though.

BCT
January 31, 2014 12:16PM
Yeah I was reading up on that eariler. Seems there was a dispute which was settled out of court with other shareholders. As they were talking about the different classes of stock, I got the feeling that this will NOT be a "normal" split.

The MM is getting on my last nerve, cause they keep jumping the price around so much at the open. Then it just falls all day. A few dollars is no big deal, but these guys keep jumping 30 bucks or more at the open each day. They may as well open on Monday with the stock at 2000 bucks, since they seem to be just pulling numbers out of their butts :-) It feels as if the "Market" itself wants it to go down, but the MM refuses to allow it.
January 31, 2014 02:29PM
[investorplace.com]

Stock will split 2/1...but as you read this article it reminds me of the POT split.
January 31, 2014 04:06PM
Seems like I read somewhere it is gonna split in early April.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login