Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

QIHU 4 hour chart trade - feedback appreciated

Posted by sonicwave 
QIHU 4 hour chart trade - feedback appreciated
January 30, 2014 01:21PM
I am posting a trade that I closed today. I would like any feedback from the experienced folks. Thanks in advance.

QIHU
4 hour chart
Entry: 1/28 @ 1040am PST (will be 140pm for east coasters)
Stock Price: $93.81
1 Mar 95 Call @$9.80

Exited this morning not sure about time exactly, but like 830am PST (1130am EST)
Exited at like $11.60

A small profit but I was Happy in Seattle.
Re: QIHU 4 hour chart trade - feedback appreciated
January 30, 2014 08:58PM
Let's see, QIHU hit laminated support on 1/24 on 3 charts (Daily, 233, and 55), and the Weekly was already indicated higher. Can you say "BUTT UGLY OBVIOUS"? If this stock was in my "basket", I would have jumped this trade at 10:25am on 1/27 ($86.27) and rode it up to the TBB on the Daily (would have exited near end of today) for a very nice profit. I don't trade off of anything lower than the 55 unless I'm doing a quick QQQs play.

I may have to kick one of my short listed stocks to the curb and add QIHU drinking smiley
January 30, 2014 09:05PM
Seems obvious, but were you not down more than $3 at one point? That seems like it'd be nearly half your position. How and why did you know to hold?
January 30, 2014 10:30PM
My stop was going to be the opening price of the candle. Your question is one that I was hoping would be answered. The longer term charts were coming off support and moving nicely.
January 31, 2014 10:27AM
If I were to have traded QIHU using the charts S/O and I use...I would have bought on 1/27 around 14:10 and since you held overnight I did the same looking at the chart and would have exited @ 1:30 on 1/28.

Hind sight is so much easier than the real time!

I was looking for why you got into this trade? The sideways move would have kept me out. Looking at my 10 E chart I wouldn't have entered this trade at all when you did. Using my 10 E chart only I would have entered after the close of the candle on 1/30 at 10:00 and the open of the candle on 10:10. I would have exited on the 10 E chart around 13:20 when that red candle engulfed the white one next to it. My first warning of a turn in the trend would have been the inverted hammer candle on the 10 chart at 11:40. Looking at the 55 the gap down on the open of 1/29 sure must have caused you some concern.

Now the question for you to ask you is why did I trade this stock where it was, what chart did I use to enter and why did I stay? The only person who can answer this is you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 10:41AM by Darcy2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login