Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

TOS charts - how many fit on one page

Posted by sonicwave 
TOS charts - how many fit on one page
January 18, 2014 10:02AM
I am currently using TOS and am satisfied with it. I have only been able to fit 1 row of charts on my monitor. To reduce time spent checking for plays on a daily and 4 hour basis, I wanted to have 2 rows of charts. Has anyone been able to fit 2 rows of charts on one screen that shows the chart and the 3 indicators on the bottom?

Thanks in advance.
Re: TOS charts - how many fit on one page
January 18, 2014 11:20AM
Unfortunately, no. Stacking two charts vertically will only display 3 of your 4 indicators and if you try to stack three charts vertically, you'll be reduced to seeing only the candlestick area with no lower indicators. If you want to display all four of your chart indicators, you'll have to add additional charts horizontally rather than vertically.

January 18, 2014 05:10PM
I can fit 8, but while the top row,are Gary's SMSW/ FP/HRFP charts, the bottom are "e" (I call them epsilon charts) with the MFI.

The main reason this works for me is that I am using a 39" HDTV for my monitor. Lol
January 21, 2014 10:18AM
Hi Robert

Your contributions, especially the thinkscripts, are terrific. How do you script the "aggregation"/chart interval label that shows on the charts above?

thanks

Jerry
January 21, 2014 10:34AM
Jerry9982
Your contributions, especially the thinkscripts, are terrific.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Jerry9982
How do you script the "aggregation"/chart interval label that shows on the charts above?

I wrote a custom script for it. Either add this as its own indicator or paste it at the very top of my "edge" study.

#Display Chart Time Frame in Minutes
def nMinutes = getaggregationPeriod()/60000;
def Daily = if nminutes == 1440 then 1 else double.nan;
def intraday = if nminutes < 1440 then 1 else double.nan;
addlabel(Daily,"Daily",color.orange);
addlabel(intraday,nminutes,color.orange);

By the way, if you don't like the orange color I've chosen, just change "color.orange" in the last two lines to any of the colors below.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 10:42AM by robert.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login