Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Najarian hits it again

Posted by Darcy2 
Najarian hits it again
January 15, 2014 10:24AM
I listen to CNBC through out the day especially at lunch when traders speak.You all know I really like the Najarian brothers. Whenever they mention at the end of the program what they like I look it up. I liked the looks of MOS which they favored so I bought yesterday and sold today. The pop up today moved the stock.

I got in about 12:55. This is why I like the talking heads. I do not ALWAYS trade on what the lunch crew says but I listen and evaluate according to my charts if I think it is a trade. Since CF and POT was popping I saw no reason why MOS shouldn't do the same.

Here's my trade:

MOSAIC COMPANY
01/15/2014 O STC MOS FebWk1 48 Call 25 $1.63 $37.50 $4,036.55
01/14/2014 O BTO MOS FebWk1 48 Call 25 $1.13 $37.50 ($2,863.38) 1,173.17
Total Realized Gain/Loss for MOS $1,173.17

If you asked me what made me buy...I bought off the fact of fetilizers this time of year will do well and Najarian recalled one of the fertilizer stocks I had forgotten about.

PS I have talked enough....I think it other peoples turn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 10:26AM by Darcy2.
Re: Najarian hits it again
January 15, 2014 10:51AM
Great trade. Please keep up the posts. I'm in a job where I cannot listen so your post provide insight. What are you favorite times to be at your computer. I'm sure you do not sit there all day.
January 15, 2014 11:19AM
CT:

I get up @6:00AM. I turn on CNBC as soon as I am up. I switch between CNBC and Fox news. I want to know what is happening around the world. I start watching the charts @ 9:45 - 10:00 and look over my list (takes a few minutes).

I look at a 55, 34, 21, 10, 5, and 3. I am looking for E on all charts and a FP or HRFP on the 55, 34, 21.

No FP or HRFP no trade, No E no trade.

I do watch the market many hours a day. It depends on when I got into a trade or when I got out. After the close of the market I go back over all my stocks and set a plan for the next day of what I will watch and why. I write this down. I also write down the DOW, NASDAQ, and S&P close and volume on the DOW.

I will post from time to time. ...for instance I got into NFLX today @ 10:10 Jan Put 330 8 contracts @ $3.75 I am currently in the trade still and I am up a little over $6,000. Sometimes when a stock has shown a huge up or down on the open I look to see if there is an entry AT THIS TIME OF YEAR! Look at GW"S JAN - FEB info. This is monkey time...not ability time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 11:21AM by Darcy2.
TCB
January 15, 2014 01:26PM
I also played MOS yesterday around 10:10 just based on the charts I didn't hear the Najarian brothers. I was sold out around 1:15 yesterday but man wished I had a stayed for that pop today
January 15, 2014 07:01PM
Hi Darcy2:

Great trade. (I bought POT stock a month ago. I continue to refine my options.)

I think I've asked you before: Do you always fight Rambo time versus Barney?

Thanks.
Chunk
January 16, 2014 09:53AM
Chuck,

To tell you the truth I don't really care about Rambo or Barney...relatively speaking. It is all on the signals and signals only. I can't say I do not pay attention to the market...I do but I can say I have yet to solidly place any of my trades based on what the market is doing.

Remember I trade in today and out today and some of my trades may last 30minutes or less.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login