Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Posted by Darcy2 
January 13, 2014 11:33AM
Seeing NFLX rising this morning and using RTT...I waited for a pull back and then I decided to put in my own purchase price which was half price between the call and bid...or $7.30.

Knowing I have to leave at lunch for a meeting with my employees I sold...

NETFLIX
01/13/2014 O STC NFLX Jan14 340 Call 4 $9.70 $14.95 $3,864.84
01/13/2014 O BTO NFLX Jan14 340 Call 4 $7.30 $14.95 ($2,935.09) 929.75
Total Realized Gain/Loss for NFLX $929.75
Total Realized Gain/Loss $929.75
Re: Status: In Play...NFLX
January 13, 2014 04:52PM
Darcy - what time did you enter and leave this trade and what chart did you use for entry/exit?
January 13, 2014 08:09PM
Nice trade, Darcy!
January 14, 2014 08:48AM
Thanks RT.

Dash:

I entered trade approx 9:35- 9:46. @ the time I placed my order I knew a pull back was going to happen so @ that span of time I took the "ask" and the "bid" and subtracted them. I then divided the difference by 2 and placed my order at that price which was $7.30. Why divide by 2? No logic except there was 2 different prices. I do know that the ask price went 30 cents lower. How do I know? S/O got in @ $7.00. Don't know what ime he entered the trade but I do know he used a 3 chart for entry. I used a 3/5 chart for an estimated pull back. I do not always do that but I was getting ready for a meeting and didn't want to miss the trade. After in the trade I waited until I had to leave for the meeting with employees over lunch so I sold not off any chart but because I had to leave. I left my house at about 11:15 - 11:30...somewhere in that time frame.

As GW has said this really wasn't any particular chart thing. I simply knew by the way NFLX was behaving it would be a trade.

Note to all....I was asked in a PM about time frames so....do not use the time of any posts as the time frame of a trade. Someone thought I was from CA because of the time frame of the posts. I am not from CA but from the great state of NC! And yes I still love my Panthers! Great come back for a team that has been counted out all year! smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login