Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Question for the big chart traders

Posted by ncptech 
Question for the big chart traders
December 19, 2013 02:01PM
I normally just look at the daily for my trades. Recently I have been paying more attention the the 233. What do you do when the daily looks like it still has room to run but the 233 is looking like it could be topped out. eog is a prime example looks like a lot of resistance on 233 but still looks great on the daily.
Re: Question for the big chart traders
December 23, 2013 10:06AM
There are too many variables to list.
- Happy with profit?
-season
-time of month
-earnings?
-split?

Typically staying would be the answer as the next bigger time frame typically drives the ultimate direction.

BCT
December 23, 2013 11:30AM
There looked to be a lot of resistance on the 233 the 50 200 top bollinger band. So I sold half of my contracts at a 40% profit on Thursday at the close. I sold the other half this morning at the open for a 60% profit. I took the money from the first sale and bought ma calls. Thanks for the response BCT.
December 23, 2013 02:36PM
Fading out of one, into another. Nicely done.

The MACD was still wide open on Thursday. Still a trade for a profit is always nice :-)
December 23, 2013 04:05PM
@richierick I feel much more comfortable being in a trade that I have taken some profit. I have had way to many trades reverse on me and turn a nice profit into a loss. Like bidu on 11/18 that one hurt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 06:02PM by ncptech.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login