Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

RTT in every day trading

Posted by mtut 
RTT in every day trading
December 18, 2013 08:34AM
I would interested in hearing how folks use RTT as an aid in their trading. Anyone willing to share their thoughts?

Also, I would like to mention one of my favorite seasonal trades, MOS, which RTT is showing a 1 and 2 wk trend starting soon! I play this every year (CF) works the same.
Re: RTT in every day trading
December 18, 2013 09:33AM
I use RTT to help me create a story. Gary is always harping on the idea that we should have a long story around most of the trades we are doing and then using the charts as evidence.

I have been watching CF and it has shaped up very nicely for a position in Calls.

Historically this is a bullish time of year for the materials sector
The Spider Materials Sector has turned up and is looking very bullish.
CF has a very strong seasonal uptrend over the next 4 weeks.
CF was upgraded a couple of weeks ago which caused a nice little gap and then a subsequent, very uniform pullback. The stock has traded to the top of the window on the 233 and has since broken my down trendline.
The Daily formed a hammer on the 16th with confirmation on the 17th. All indicators have crossed on the 233.
Now awaiting my shot with anticipation that it will be sometime after the Fed announcement at 1230 today.

Oh and we cannot forget about the Market Calendar. Looking for buying opportunities on the charts this time of the month and I think that it is obvious that the Santa Clause rally is being held up by the FOMC. Time will tell.
December 18, 2013 10:42AM
I use RTT every single day. I may not always trade the stock I study in RTT but I use RTT every single day. I will be with RTT until they close their doors.
December 18, 2013 08:22PM
I check the Best Trends link (>8%) and beginning tracking those stocks using what we were taught in RTP and DE classes, using big charts and buying time. The trend data doesn't always match the current chart evidence (or, as GW calls it, "evah-dance"winking smiley, but when it does..... OMG, so much fun watching these trades coming to you. But, once you're in one of these trades, you have to have the patience to let it do it's thing. It's boring, but well worth it. BE PATIENT! If you're used to using short charts, this is typically a huge challenge for you to get used to.

Thanks, RTT!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login