Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

IPO's

Posted by Darcy2 
IPO's
November 20, 2013 01:20PM
I like to see how new stocks act after their IPO. I am looking to see if this is a stock I want to add to my basket.

We have had some decent NAMES added such as FB and TWTR. But the one I like thus far is VJET. Volume in all 3 of these stocks has been really good but the movement on VJET's stock really interested me. So today I bought 4 Dec 55 PUT contracts at about 10:20 for $6.30. As soon as I was in the trade I was even. I am selling at $9.80.

Some of you have asked what I have in my basket. VJET is a 3D printer and is something I will add to my basket. I will take one thing out when I add this one in.

ADD: After leaving the stock plunged even more. I am happy with my results on a unproved stock. S/O however just left and cleared over $3,500.00. I think I need to charge a fnders fee!cool smiley

11/21: This morning Crammer called VJET a "cult" stock. However 3D printers have been reported as changing manufacturing. I'll wait to see how VJET does before doing a thumbs down or a thumbs up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2013 10:01AM by Darcy2.
Re: IPO's
November 22, 2013 10:09AM
I didn't want to make a new thread just on this so...

I was asked in a Private Message "When did you know you were ready to switch from virtual to real?"

I knew when I could trade with confidence. Confidence doesn't remove the fear you feel but it does allow you to feel more assured that the trade was correct. Only after trading for several trades does the fear leave. It took about 2 months for me to not feel the racing heart when I bought. The key is getting in correctly and not in as the stock backs up and then moves in your direction. My suggestion...learn the entry off what GW taught.

I still do virtual when I want to test newer stocks. Some newer stocks I grab the $'s when I see the move (like I did with VJET) and then move to virtual to study.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login