Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

You guys have it.

Posted by BigMoney 
You guys have it.
November 15, 2013 11:19AM
All of you have it. Just stop and think outside the box for a minute and look. Look at the examples that you have read. Better yet turn off your candles on all of your charts.
Re: You guys have it.
November 15, 2013 01:10PM
What is it that we all have :-)

On the candlestick (CS) thingy, I've tried to turn off the candles but it's tough. There is a part of me that craves to see the candles. At some point it seems that having the candle stick is a benefit. It has to be right??? At some point it seems that knowing that a candle stick pattern just formed could be a solid sign to exit a trade, or start preparing for a chance to enter one. Something like Tweezer top or Tweezer bottoms.

I remember GW used to harp on candlesticks and CS patterns so much it just got stuck in my head. He even had us read a book or two on the subject, if you recall. Now I'm not sure which way to turn on the subject of Candlesticks. Years ago there were many CS patterns that GW said we needed to learn, now there seem to be only a couple. Does anyone have any insight as to why GW seems to be backing up on Candlestick stuff now a days?

Please don't think I'm being a jerk. If it sounds that way, my apologies. I don't mean to be:-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 01:15PM by RichieRick.
November 15, 2013 01:27PM
RichieRick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is it that we all have :-)
>
> I remember GW used to harp on candlesticks and CS
> patterns so much it just got stuck in my head. He
> even had us read a book or two on the subject, if
> you recall. Now I'm not sure which way to turn on
> the subject of Candlesticks. Years ago there were
> many CS patterns that GW said we needed to learn,
> now there seem to be only a couple. Does anyone
> have any insight as to why GW seems to be backing
> up on Candlestick stuff now a days?

When S/O and I took GW class he had a manual with some candles stick patterns. Here is what he said: "I am not going over these. I simply put them in here so you would know some of the patterns." According to Stephen Bigalow there are only 15 major signals. There isn't many mentioned in The Market Makers Edge.

I like candles for a few reasons. Mostly to see the strength in the move and gaps. Hammers, Kickers, Hanging Man, Engulfing, Shootimg Stars seem to best of many. Line charts are great for finding support and resistance but stink in that you do not get any gaps.

All I can say is for me I really do not pay a lot of attention to candles except when they are growing in length up or down however I won't turn them off. I am afraid of the dark!tongue sticking out smiley
November 16, 2013 06:48AM
This is pretty simple for me. I will NEVER turn my candles off! I have enough issues trying to figure out how to make money consistently. I would be a "Crackbrained Fool" to take away from what helps me make money. If some want to turn candles off just to see what it is like, hey no harm no foul. If a person simply has learned to trade without them and love the idea of not seeing a screen filled with candles, go for it. If candles become unnecessary for me in trading, I will NEVER turn my candles off. I love watching them paint, and I do not know how to turn them off. I do not want to know. I love matching my shapes and colors, and I am also scared of the dark-despite being 6'6, 270lbs. By the way- I am not one of those who "HAVE IT". I am still in the fight as a lot of the others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login