Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

LNKD

Posted by Darcy2 
LNKD
November 13, 2013 11:33AM
S/O got in LNKD @10:08 out @ 11:14 bought 6 210 call contracts @ $4.20 sold for $7.65 profit $1,729.97. I didn't trade it because of the moving averages on the 55, 34, and 21. tongue sticking out smiley

I'll get him next time!winking smiley
Re: LNKD
November 13, 2013 06:14PM
Excellent trade for your S/O, Darcy! Wife and I are on vacation, and have been shopping all day, so I missed the trade. But, would have gotten in on the 13 min chart at 9:43am for a nice run up based on what Daily and 233 were showing. Move still has a few dollars left to run up before hitting major resistance... Awesome job, guys!
November 13, 2013 07:26PM
Darcy2,

What month did you buy for LNKD?

Thanks,

Great work.

Chunk

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2013 08:16PM by Chunk.
November 14, 2013 09:10AM
Chunk: Bought NOV. Changing to DEC today...maybe. It all depends on how fast a stock we see moves. Because we do not set GTC's we generally buy the month we are in. Most of the time we are in today and out today.

RalieghTrader: I did buy after S/O sold and after candle cleared the 50 moving average on the 55. Rode it to $1,879.65 or a little before 3:15.
November 15, 2013 08:08AM
Feels Good

November 15, 2013 09:35AM
I'm just posting this as anecdotal evidence. Once again, that WIN indicator is signaling right along with the FP down and the HRFP up. It's starting to look like the author of that indicator may well have been a GW student.

November 15, 2013 10:18AM
I just want to verify the images are of a 233 chart. Is that correct?
November 15, 2013 10:21AM
BigChartTrader
I just want to verify the images are of a 233 chart. Is that correct?

Yes, I posted a 233 to match yours (note the orange 233 in the upper left corner of my chart).
November 15, 2013 10:22AM
IT doesnt match my charts.
November 15, 2013 10:31AM
I'm not sure what you mean. I have more candles on my chart, but if you start from the large red candle (or a few before it), then they are a spot-on match.

Big red candle > smaller red candle > white candle with the open sitting on the 200MA > small red candle above 200MA > bigger red candle opening above 200MA and falling below the 200MA and extending slightly below the bottom BB > ect > etc > etc. smiling smiley
November 15, 2013 10:58AM
Weekly
November 15, 2013 11:01AM
I've got extra moving averages on my chart, but the basic info (BB, 50 & 200 MA, candles) is the same.

November 15, 2013 11:09AM
BigChartTrader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IT doesnt match my charts.

I went an checked my charts also. It matched up perfectly. At least it appears that way to me. What does your chart show? Is it a large difference or something minor? Are you still using Q-Charts?
I've tried to be very strict in ensuring that my settings in TOS match up perfectly with Q-charts. I thought they were matching, but now you have given my pause:-)
November 15, 2013 11:25AM
@BigMoney,

I don't have the WIN indicator, and don't know how it works. That said, I've been comparing the FP/HRFP indicator to it when someone posts a screenshot of the WIN just to see if their respective signals line up. The author of the WIN mentions that he utilizes four different indicators to develop his signal (possibly the same four GW indicators?).

Anyway, my charts do not have either a FP / HRFP signal on the weekly LNKD chart. Again, I don't know how the WIN works, so I'm just spitballing here. I notice that your chart has the red down spike (potential PUT play) but does not have the corresponding black spike to go along with it. I'm assuming the black spike would just be a "confidence" booster.

As we know, the FP requires any 3 indicators to be crossing at the same time, while the HRFP requires all 4 to be crossing. My chart shows that the CC & the DI indicators crossed, but none of the others; so no FP / HRFP.

I'm guessing that the WIN indicator plots either a red / green spike when 2 indicators cross to give a heads up that something may be happening, and it'll plot the black spike if 3 or more indicators cross (i.e. FP / HRFP).

November 15, 2013 11:30AM
Sometimes it takes fast thinking and fast pulling the trigger. I am not one of those who jumps that fast I really like to look over my charts and read any information on the stock I can find. To be truthful I usually do all of that before the market opens but this morning we had a lot of "stuff" happen and I couldn't get it done. But I had done some study on LNKD yesterday on the Daily chart.

So after the open S/O and I started watching LNKD this morning (Nov 15). I noticed LNKD because of the gap up on the 55 (and the study I had done last night on the Daily) and S/O noticed because of the net (how the stock was moving compared to price). We bought out of the money Nov 230 calls for .99. We both bought 30 contracts @ 9:47. We were in PDQ.

I do not generally buy out of the money because S/O and I buy the month we are in almost all the time and I generally do not buy in the same month I am in on expiration Friday but my Gunslinger S/O said "Do IT...and if it loses I'll give you the cost of the trade!" Well I couldn't lose.cool smiley So away we went.

Now to honest I was a little bothered to trade it because of the 200 moving average on the 55 chart but E was on all charts 55,34,21,10,8,5 and 3 and I realy liked the Daily chart.

S/O has been testing the E signal only...for instance he bought AMZN yesterday off the E only signal @ 10:49 and sold @ 11:22 and made 55%. He has been testing the E only for the last several months.

At 10:15 we put in a sell order for $3.20 which was .10 lower than what was offered. We were sold out as fast as we got in and the sell price then went to $3.70. We didn't care. I can't believe it! S/O is asking for his cut!grinning smiley

My Daily chart study ....On Lnkd's Daily chart (HRFP)...I use a regression line offered on Qcharts (I think SD has that too) and start at the top of the Bollinger Band on the Daily (date: 9/12) and drag it to to yesterday's candle close. This creates support and resistance like an "Ocean Tide" effect. I use the center line as an inside support and resistance. What I saw on the Daily was a strong move up and support off the gap from 8/1. The candle close yesterday landed on that center support on my regression line. All the more reason to have watched LNKD and trade it.

I am so finished after that trade. I am going to go out and get some lunch and I'll buy S/O's too. McDonald's? Naw...
November 15, 2013 11:31AM
LNKD 233 I assume around 10/29 does not show a fat pitch on my charts. My charts look very similar but not exactly. I have the autowave which makes it look a lot different. I use Qcharts and have no intentions of leaving.

BCT
November 15, 2013 11:45AM
robert Wrote:
> I'm just posting this as anecdotal evidence. Once
> again, that WIN indicator is signaling right along
> with the FP down and the HRFP up. It's starting
> to look like the author of that indicator may well
> have been a GW student.
>
>

It must be the autowave because it matches my Qcharts.
November 15, 2013 11:55AM
Darcy, I enjoy reading your posts because you always seem to throw out a new nugget. Today, you mention the regression tool. I just started playing with it to see if I could follow along with your post above. Fun stuff smiling smiley

So my question would be this: do you re-draw that regression line each night to see what it's doing? I notice that it changes (sometimes drastically) depending upon which closing candle you click on.

As always, thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
November 15, 2013 11:59AM
Who is this GW? I am a crosshair trader student. This Black spike matches up to some of my indicators . Bo
November 15, 2013 12:02PM
bojiggle
Who is this GW? I am a crosshair trader student.

GW = Gary Williams. In the past he taught a "Wall Street Basics" course which many of the forum members attended. Over the years he has revised his teachings. I believe his current course is titled "Stock Market Success Weekend" (or similar).

bojiggle
This Black spike matches up to some of my indicators . Bo

If you don't mind sharing, I'd be interested in knowing what the black indicator is lining up with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 12:03PM by robert.
November 15, 2013 12:08PM
OH. I am a David Blair student. He posts every morning a market reviews, Bear and bull Ideas and sends out tweets throughout the day. Great website" [www.thecrosshairstrader.com]; check him out and you will see that some of the above indicators match to those pictures. Bo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 12:09PM by bojiggle.
TCB
November 15, 2013 12:31PM
Darcy, on which timeframe "e" chart did S/O use for the AMZN trade?
November 15, 2013 01:11PM
robert Wrote:
> Darcy, I enjoy reading your posts because you
> always seem to throw out a new nugget. Today, you
> mention the regression tool. I just started
> playing with it to see if I could follow along
> with your post above. Fun stuff smiling smiley
>
> So my question would be this: do you re-draw that
> regression line each night to see what it's doing?
> I notice that it changes (sometimes drastically)
> depending upon which closing candle you click on.
>
> As always, thanks for sharing your knowledge with
> the rest of us.

LOL Fun...that's what my kids say about their mom!grinning smiley

I only use the regression line on large charts. It helps me see the stength in my shorter trades. I do not always redraw the regression line. It depends for instance when the candle changes position but I leave the original regression line in place until it is broken.

Starting with LNKD use the red candle on 9/12.Why? It is the one that started to show a change of direction for LNKD and is the one that is closest to the Bollinger Band (BB from here on out).

On this particular stock note that on the daily chart the stock went sideways after 9/12. I did not draw a regression line until I saw notable movement. Sideways... well for me anyway is a fool's trade...you know "A fool and his money is soon parted. To draw this line I start with the candle on the BB that is the high or low and is changing the direction of the stock, I drag the tool to the close of the candle of the day and as I said you will need to wait a few days. When the daily candle hit on the center of my gap line (10/8) I drew my regression line. All of this would have kept me out of a longer trade but not necessarily one off my short charts.

On 10/9 there was a candle close outside the BB. Leaving the regression line you drew off the candle on 9/12 wait for a few days and draw a regression line off the candle of 10/9 to say...oh 10/15 on that white candle where it gives every indication the stock will rise. Up until 10/15 the candles show a sideways move. The candle on 10/15 hits the center of the longer regression line.

To test the reading of that regression line off the candle of 9/12 and because you had a candle go out of the BB on 10/9 take the regression line from 10/9 and draw it out to yesterday's close. The trend from 9/12 is still a strong down.

Now you have a regression line up and one down. The longer trend of the regression line is down. The shorter one is up. When the shorter regression line (up) is broken get out of your trade. Why? Because the stronger trend as of now is down. If the stronger regression line gets broken the stock is changing from a bear to a bull or a bull to a bear. Get out of the longer trade and ait a few days before drawing another regression line.

Regression lines take 3 or 4 days to set up. That is the only problem there. But if you use the bottom as support and the top as resistance and the center as a smaller support and resistance it does work. In between the longer regression lines are shorter trades that can be made. Also using this along with marking gaps helps.

As always I say practice this before applying.
November 15, 2013 01:37PM
TCB Wrote:
> Darcy, on which timeframe "e" chart did S/O use
> for the AMZN trade?

I guess you mean when he did an E only trade 11/14? He said he had E on 55,34,21,10,8,and GW's 5. There was noting else he saw except E.

We are studying to see if this happens during expiration week or always.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 06:30PM by Darcy2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login