Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

For those interested in (re)taking GW classes

Posted by ChairmanFaust 
For those interested in (re)taking GW classes
November 05, 2013 02:46PM
Since its seems most on here are old GW students, as most here know he has revamped his course, I never took the old 1-5 classes but from all the people I have talked with at the current classes that did take 1-5, the way he teaches it now is much easier to understand... They seem to be quite happy in the way the material is presented and the roadblocks that they are now getting past by going back. For anyone interested in the 2014 schedule.

1-5 has been replaced by survivor 1-3. Advanced, DE and others are replaced by the new RTP (residential training program) all new classes are in Rocky Mount, NC, 1-3 classes are 7pm-11pm fri, 9am-7pm sat, 1pm-7pm sun, RTP classes are 9am-7pm saturdays

Survivor 1: January 10,11,12
Survivor 2: February 14,15,16
Survivor 1: April 4,5,6
Survivor 2: May 23,24,25
Survivor 1: July 11,12,13
Survivor 2: August 29,30,31
Survivor 3: October 10,11,12
Survivor 3: November 21,22,23
RTP: Jan 4, Feb 1, Mar 22, Apr 12, May 10, June 14, July 19, Aug 16

My understanding is that previous students, even from the old 1-5 classes can qualify to take these at "retake" prices, if I remember its $100 for retake of 1-3 and $800 for RTP. Brand new students are $1500 for 1, $1500 for 2, $500 for 3, and $2500 for RTP.

Full disclosure, if you are interested and would like to give me credit, PM me for my info, the person who signs up the most for classes gets RTP for free or 3 coaching sessions with GW. (He currently has 35 coaching students to help him tweak his teaching to point out obvious mistakes that are commonly made based on his teaching)

I started this whole thing in June of 2012, and at this point I've been through 1-3. I'm taking RTP in 2014... While I still feel like I'm struggling and doing virtual trades, I will say that after class 1, doing the work for about a year, then taking class 2, doing the work for 4 more months with new information... I just took class 3 and while there is more new information, it was more or less confirmation of things I've been noticing myself... so I'd have to say that I'm on the right track and its been less than 2 years... if it takes 3 more to start trading well, then I'd have done it quicker than most all of the old 1-5 students I've talked to, that leads me to think his new style is much more effective.
Re: For those interested in (re)taking GW classes
November 05, 2013 03:37PM
So would the re-take price be $100 for 1-3 or for each one (total of $300)? If I lived anywhere nearby I would strongly consider attending.
November 05, 2013 09:19PM
I took the new survivor 1 about a year ago. Even though I had taken 1-5, I still had to pay $1500.
November 05, 2013 09:35PM
my apologies, I found the original sign up form, its $150 for people who took the DE (Double Espresso) course, 1-5 students would have to pay the $1500
November 07, 2013 08:52AM
Way to steep for me right now. I'd love to go back and sit in some more classes, just can't afford it right now.

I was about to say, once I start building my accounts higher, I'd take out some cash to be able to go. Then I think to myself, if I'm growing my account as I should be, then what would be the point :-)
November 09, 2013 07:59AM
RichieRick,

I have had the same conversation (with myself). I do not think in any of Gary's classes specifics (real specifics) are going to be given. That is where the works comes in. I have no problem with that. I just want to really feel confident that if I pay that kind of money, I walk away with specific tools that will lead me in a direction to immediately start making more money. I am already making money. I just want to know how to trade better and in essence, make more. Also, there is not a magic formula to trading well.

I think I would be interested in the Advanced stuff because I assume when finishing that training, I will have been taught/introduced to practical techniques to trading better (for the original 1-5 students). Fore me, I will need specific information that I can apply immediately. Not a slap at any of the stuff that is being taught, but I need sound, concrete, specific training that will improve my trading.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login