Anybody trading in Virginia Beach?
September 26, 2013 06:28PM
Just wondering if there were any of you in the VB area willing to talk trading?
Re: Anybody trading in Virginia Beach?
September 23, 2014 12:01PM
Fireman,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2018 01:45PM by PastorP.
September 23, 2014 12:55PM
Pastor,

I am always up for talking trading. I have however become very guarded in regards to what that looks like. I have truly become aware of what Gary has indicated by saying this a by yourself thing. I used to read every financial website (cnbc, briefing, yahoo finance, stock twits, etc.) trying to comb for every bit of information that would lead me to make a more informed decision about the trade I am in or about to get in. This in turn led me to make stupid decisions that ended up losing me money. I also would seek out anyone and everyone that was trading to try and glean a small nugget from something that they had learned or experienced which when applied to what I was doing would end up losing me money.

That being said, I love this website and I check it daily at least. It is a wealth of information and inspiration from people that are already successful and from people that have adopted that no quit clause. I think that it is so awesome to be able to dissect the trades of others, especially others that are using Gary's system.

As stated here before, most on this site are dedicated to short chart trades. I wish that I had the intestines to do that day in and day out but I just don't. I trade strictly using a 144-Monthly chart. It is more peaceful for sure and I only have to look at the market twice a day.....which I am really working on the discipline right now. I have come a long way and......I have an incredibly long way to go. If you look at some of my posts from a year ago, and the questions that I asked you can see how bad I really am at this. I took Gary's 1-5 and have currently finished up to his Survival 2. I will be taking survival 3 next month. As some have stated in the past......I do not know Gary and I have no interest in sending him business, however I think that his survival series is night and day difference from the 1-5 classes, and is more than worth the investment of time and money. Speaking bluntly, the difference in the series angered me at the beginning. ie Gary used to stress watching CNBC every waking moment, for which I did so.....and now it is not recommended at all. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, I intend to contribute to this site in any way that will encourage others to continue striving to reach their goals as a trader. I am in no way an expert but I believe by contributing some of my failures ans successes somebody might be able to relate just as I have to others in the past. I will be posting more of my big chart trades and I intend to start a topic strictly dedicated to W&O. I do not currently manage a vault because I am still learning to walk.....and that to me is more like running. I would love to hear some of your ideas and or thoughts on the matter. Sorry for the ramble.

Oh and one more thing.....Gary tells a story called "the Jade Master" (google it) It is a short tale that has a huge significance to the process of learning the art of trading.

Fireman.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 12:59PM by fireman1984.
September 23, 2014 03:01PM
Thanks for replying Fireman.

Although I have read through ever post that both Darcy, Rookie and others have put on here my desire and comfort level is towards Big Charts too. I don't always have the time to sit in front of my computer to see short term trades through, although it looks like it might be nice to be in and out in an hour with a brick, but I have too many other obligations in my day to day right now.

I've only taken Gary's 1-5 up to now and would love for you to post more of your Big Chart trades as well as a post dedicated to only W&O. I wish there were more posts from all the Big Chart traders on here.

You said you trade strictly off of a 144-Monthly chart. Just so I'm clear, that means you use 144, 233, D,W, and Monthly, but nothing lower. I don't remember Gary talking about the monthly or much on the 144 (but I am re-listening to 1-5 again), is this your fine tuning or from the survival class. Will you share a little more about how you go about your trade investigations?

I Goggled The Jade Master as you suggested. Although a short story I got many things from it (I guess I'm used to reading parables). Although I agree with you that when you're searching every news source, TV show, financial website or even searching out every trader to glean a nugget from you will fall into many traps; one of the things that I saw in that story was that the student received a REAL piece of Jade each day. He was only able to determine fake Jade because of all the real Jade he held in his hands. To me, being able to read about peoples success and for them to elaborate on what Gary has taught us and how they are using it is just another piece of REAL Jade being placed into our hands to learn from. I've found that some people are better at explaining different things and that some people learn better from different peoples descriptions of things. Likewise we have all learned a lot from Gary, yet sometimes someone on hear will explain it differently then he does and it's like a switch goes off in your head and all of a sudden you get it.

Anyway, I am grateful that I found this site and just want to thank everyone on here who is contributing to others success.
Blessings to you all.
October 27, 2014 04:03PM
Hi All,

I just joined this website. I have taken WSB 1-5 and Survivor I and II. I am very curious as to what type of detail Gary goes into in Survial III as I do not have the option to take Survival III. Any information would be great. I do my predictive work etc. every day and have come a long ways in trading. "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas is a book everyone should read if you have not read it yet. I currently use a 233, Daily and Weekly. Have not gotten into the smaller charts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login