Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

any advice for earnings trades?

Posted by ChairmanFaust 
any advice for earnings trades?
August 07, 2013 10:19AM
GW rules say i can't go through earnings b/c at my level (non RTP student) its a gamble. But I've been told that it can also be a catalyst for a good trade... however, ive yet to see this play out... the window is 3 weeks before and 3 weeks after earnings release date but ive never really had a succesful trade based on the earnings catalyst... especially right after an announcement... i see stocks gap up or down a huge number and then fizzle... is there more to this type of trade that i'm missing? Things to look for, things to avoid?
Re: any advice for earnings trades?
August 07, 2013 12:43PM
There are different ways that you can play the gaps. I like to see the stock pull back and test before I get in. Bo
August 07, 2013 03:49PM
We all know the Saying

Bo knows
August 08, 2013 08:28AM
I trade simple calls and puts. I do mark my daily and 55 chart for the day a company is to report earnings. I use a dark green dash line for the day of (one for market close and one for market open) and then I use dark green dot lines to mark 1-2-3 weeks before earnings. As the earnings date gets close I mark 5 days before reporting earnings.

I traded only once going through earnings based entirely on the gaps that I studied on a daily chart. Had I been able to when that company reported earnings the next time I would have done a put based entirely on the gaps. It would have been a winning trade as well. The stock was NFLX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login