Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

AAPL

Posted by rookie30 
AAPL
July 01, 2013 02:25PM
I bought 3 AAPL July13 400 Calls. I paid more than I wanted, but I was pretty confident in this trade. I bought off the 13- 9:43 candle. When I saw a gap up that extended above the 200 MA, I knew I had support from the opening, so I knew i had a trade. When the second candle opened above belly of the first, I had more confirmation. The "E" had developed on my 13. Money Flow sitting in a perfect place at about 58. The ADX was up on 55 and 13. The market was screaming n my direction. I exited the trade at about 2:35. I had the best trading day I have had in several months $882 profit in less than 5 hours. Today is one of those days that humbles me. I will never take what I know for granted. My parents did not make in a month what I made in a day.

Darcy, I almost bought NFLX. That opening shook me up a little, so I went with AAPL. If I would have bought flix, I would have probably made twice as much. That 9:56 candle from my 13 was a big money candle that was a slap in my face. Everything was going in my direction-including the 9:56 candle opening above the 200 MA and that "E" on my 13 was about as perfect as I have seen. I normally do not let a decision affect me, but this one tugs at me a bit because I typically would have traded NFLX before AAPL. I allowed that opening candle on NFLX wash me out off my 13. Anyway, great trade today! I am waiting to see a trade that you enter that I entered as well.
Re: AAPL
July 01, 2013 07:12PM
I have been watching NFLX fool around with those Daily gaps.

This market is getting hung up on the moving averages. They really need to bust through on the 55 before we'll see some "real money". But I am happy with the trade.

Glad you traded AAPL and made some ca$h to fla$h! Good trade!thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login