Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

S/O's BIIB PUT!

Posted by Darcy2 
S/O's BIIB PUT!
June 12, 2013 09:47AM
S/O entered @ 10:06

BIIB 215 June ... 6...Put @ $4.60

sold @ 10:48 for $6.80

47% profit

And I use to hate the summertime zone....I think I am changing my mind.hot smiley

@ 10:52 Put is $7.50 but nearly done I think. Showing over sold on GW 21 and 34,,,and 5 GW

BTW WHERE IS EVERYBODY??? I think I might need to hold off on posting so much. I do not want to take over here. I feel like I am hogging this message board.

==========================================================================================

eye popping smiley S/O screaming now, "I should have stayed in and sold now @ 12:22 PM. My PUT is $12.00 now if I sold! I only left $3,500.00 on the table!!! Why didn't I get back in?"eye rolling smiley

All I could say is once you are out S/O you have never gotten back in a trade..so WHY DIDN'T I GET IN??? sad smiley Because I was looking at something else. winking smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 11:33AM by Darcy2.
TCB
Re: S/O's BIIB PUT!
June 12, 2013 10:00AM
I also hate this choppiness. Bought a Jun 120 put on CELG @1.97 for a quick .50 in and out. Peak play, bought off of 8MA chart when it turned at around 10 ish. It just sold me out around 11. @2.50. CELG was brought to my attention by Cramer on CNBC and I took a look at why the pop, stock buyback program and new drug. It was outside BB on 55 hitting the 200ma and hitting 50 ma on Daily. When market started fading I saw weakness in this as a peak play.

I saw a put on FSLR yesterday and didn't trade it because it was against the market but look at it go!

Darcy, don't hold off on your postings, I learn and look forward to the postings. This choppiness and swings are crazy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 10:15AM by TCB.
June 12, 2013 08:48PM
Darcy
Definitely keep posting. Hopefully some of us others will have something significant to add soon, thanks to you. I'm just curious as to your selection of trading stocks. It seems as though you trade something different every day. How many stocks do you watch? Listening to Gary's CD's you hear so many talk about trading 1 stock and 1 index. Or someone says they have 4 or 5 stocks in their trading basket. Just trying to pick your brain a little and see how you and your S/O come up with your trading stock each morning. As always, thanks.
June 13, 2013 11:35AM
Traildoc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Darcy
I'm just curious as to your
> selection of trading stocks. It seems as though
> you trade something different every day. How many
> stocks do you watch?

>Just trying to pick your
> brain a little and see how you and your S/O come
> up with your trading stock each morning. As
> always, thanks.

Watch....hum...I really do not watch a particular stock, I watch the market.

I have my favorites stocks I like to trade but they do not always move well. My favorite stocks are in the NASDAQ and they are AMZN, NFLX, LNKD, FFIV, BIIB and FSLR. I like CF at times and have done well with MA (like today).

However if I do not see them moving ON THE NET I then look at what is moving ON THE NET. To do this I need these "others" in my basket (quote sheet).

My basket is set up as follows:

DIA, SPY, NQ FUTURES, ES FUTURES, $INDU, $COMQ, $SPX, (whoop's pushed enter key so to continue) CMG, AMZN, NFLX, CF, AAPL, MA, WLT, LNKD, BIIB, EQIX, BIDU, CMI, FFIV, CRM....then I have some spaces between these and to coninue with the list...GOOG, PCLN, ISRG, DE, MON, FSLR and new to the list for study VZ.

With Qcharts I also have a quote sheet with nothing but the DOW stocks. I have a quote sheet for indexes but really I hardly look at them more than once a week. I also have 2 separate quote sheets that has the top point gainers and losers. This lists 100 stocks per quote sheet. IF I can't find anything in my #1 basket I will go to either of these quote sheets and see what the top 5-10 stocks are.

I use my DOW quote sheet for a fast look at the DOW movement using only the net. I look at short moving average charts (looking for "E"winking smiley and this goes fast. I write down those that have E or are close to E and that the NET is moving in the direction of the market. Usually by 9:45 I have narrowed my search to 4 or 5 stocks looking at all that info.

I look at the futures chart before entering ANY trade. What I am looking for is room to move in the direcion I want to trade. No room I seldom trade. (can't say never)

Hope that helps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 09:04AM by Darcy2.
June 13, 2013 11:49AM
I must be missing something really obvious here, but what do you mean by moving "On The Net"?
June 13, 2013 12:00PM
My quote sheet has columns and these columns are symbol, last, net, net since open..

Also the post I had before has more info...I accidently hit the enter key.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 12:01PM by Darcy2.
June 13, 2013 12:18PM
As always, thanks for your willingness to share.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login