Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Gary Williams Wall Street Basics

Posted by WSB_student 
Gary Williams Wall Street Basics
May 20, 2013 07:23PM
Hi,

I took Gary Williams Wall Street Basics class (1-5) several times in the early 2000s. I was excited, but jumped in too fast (and didn't follow all of his rules, including practicing for a year before trading with real money). I lost a lot of money and ended up quitting to save my bank account.

A friend recently told me that he is having a lot of trading success using ResearchTrade.com Earnings and Seasonal trends. That would have been a huge help back when I used to trade. Obviously, following Gary's rules would have been a great idea too. sad smiley I want to get back into trading again and was wondering if Gary still teaches Wall Street Basics in North Carolina?

Thanks,
WSB_student
Re: Gary Williams Wall Street Basics
May 20, 2013 07:36PM
Welcome. I believe a few of the folks here (myself especially) can really sympathize with you. I did pretty much the same thing.

Gary is no longer teaching WSB. However, he has revised and updated his material and is now calling it his Success Weekend. Near the bottom of the thread below someone posted the upcoming schedule as well as Gary's contact info.

[www.researchtrade.com]
May 20, 2013 07:59PM
Thanks! I'm excited that Gary is still teaching.
May 21, 2013 04:25AM
It's called the Survivor weekend. I'm going to the one in two weeks and really looking forward to it - will be happy to report feedback here.
May 21, 2013 05:08AM
WSB student- I reluctantly say this, but from what some have posted in the past, the Survivor Weekend is really good for new students. If you have been through WSB several times, this course might be a refresher only and not an introduction to new or better approaches to trading. By no means am I discounting the value of SW. I am simply saying that if you have all your WSB materials, and if you go back through 1-5, ask questions, read books from the booklist, practice, and have the will to win, you should do just fine. We are always willing to help-if needed. This is just my humble opinion- Please take this as feedback and not as a form of disrespect to Gary's Survival Weekend.
May 22, 2013 08:26AM
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to look into the new Survival Weekend training, but haven't decided to make that financial commitment yet.

In the meantime, I found RTT, this forum, and my old CDs for WSB 1-5. smiling smiley
May 22, 2013 12:13PM
Is there anyone in Raleigh, NC who can assist me in acquiring Gary's workspaces for Qcharts? I have been trying to reach his number published in his materials but keep getting a voicemail is full message.

I am very happy to have located followers of Gary's WSB Seminars on this forum. I have taken WSB 1-5 at least twice over the years, his December Advanced Class twice and at least two of his RTP classes held in Greensboro. I have been following his strategies since 2001 but had to stop for awhile due to family issues in 2007. I am now ready to reacquaint myself, renewed my Qcharts subscription but can't locate his workspace formats. Would appreciate if someone could assist me. My email address is irisarose@yahoo.com.
NMR
May 22, 2013 12:58PM
all of his settings are in the 1-5 manual. they are still the same.
why did you take only 2 RTP classes ? where you not able to take the rest?
May 24, 2013 09:13AM
I have been listening to my Wall Street Basics CD for class 1. Gary makes the Widows & Orphans technique sound so simple and powerful! It's very exciting to think about compounding 5%+ per month on a chunk of money (and doing so by making just 1 trade per month). Even if you start with an amount as small as $10,000, that would grow to $200,000 in 5 years. Of course, I know the purpose of W&O is retirement choice, so my example is not how Gary intended it.

Is anyone on this forum consistently earning 5%+ per month trading W&O?
July 31, 2013 09:34AM
I have listened to my WSB class 1-5 CDs a couple of times this summer. I am still most excited about learning to consistently trade using the Widows & Orphans technique. It seems very simple but very powerful with the monthly compounding of a chunk of money.

The longer term (4-week/2-week, or maybe Earnings) RTT "Trading the Evidence" stocks seem to be perfect for using with W&O.

Is anyone trading using the W&O technique? Any success or gotchas that you can share?

WSB_student Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been listening to my Wall Street Basics CD
> for class 1. Gary makes the Widows & Orphans
> technique sound so simple and powerful! It's very
> exciting to think about compounding 5%+ per month
> on a chunk of money (and doing so by making just 1
> trade per month). Even if you start with an
> amount as small as $10,000, that would grow to
> $200,000 in 5 years. Of course, I know the
> purpose of W&O is retirement choice, so my example
> is not how Gary intended it.
>
> Is anyone on this forum consistently earning 5%+
> per month trading W&O?
Lee
August 06, 2013 07:38PM
Trying to decide on which chart to use. Could I get by with the cheap version of Qcharts Live Charts(it's browser based), or do I need to get the regular Qcharts.? I also have taken Gary's classes, but it's been several years. Thankfully I only practiced, but want to try for real now.
Any helpful hints to get started again would be greatly appreciated.
TCB
August 06, 2013 09:44PM
Hi, Lee check out this thread about platforms.

[www.researchtrade.com]
September 04, 2013 07:07AM
In case you all haven't figured it out yet, Gary is fleecing your wallet. Class 1-5, the advanced class, RTP, espresso, success weekend...it is all a bunch of the same garbage. He just says this is just the important stuff, convinces you that you need all of it. I paid Gary at least $10k for classes.

Years back I trashed all of his material. I have been profitable ever since. Folks you can learn the same stuff in a $20 book. He simply copies work of others, changes a few things like the name (think he invented stock split trades or earnings trades? Please.) Bottom line, don't waste your money feeding this guy and his oversized house and ego. Ever wonder why he creates a cult atmosphere? Because you are all followers and will rebuke any statements made that are not consistent with what he says? Ever wonder why less than 3% of his class is successful? Why would you pay thousands to learn things that are not successful 97% of the time?

Join a stock trading blog, such as stockbee.biz, where they teach on an ongoing basis. No thousand dollar classes, no political speeches, no cult, and your questions actually get answered with real answers, not some phsychological crap bent to make you need him more. He has been very crafty in his marketing...limited seating only!!! Old tricks like that are used by the best salesmen. And that is what you are paying for. All those indicators? Useless. Learn to read price and volume action and trade on it. No need for all this pretty lines and colors to make you confused so badly you have to go to the next class.

He is ripping you off...take it from someone that had to trash the material to become successful at this. Don't spend $10k when you could spent $250 and learn from a teacher rather than a salesman.
September 04, 2013 09:04AM
swingman,

Thats awesome its working for you now. Hope you add a lot of value to this forum. I think there are many different ways to bake the cake and if Garys didnt work for you then I am glad you kept working and found one that did.

God Bless,

BCT
September 04, 2013 11:56AM
swingman63 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In case you all haven't figured it out yet, Gary
> is fleecing your wallet. Class 1-5, the advanced.....

While waiting for the paint to dry in my office I thought I'd check in to see how everyone was doing in this market.

swingman I have to agree with BCT. I am glad you found what works for you and there many ways to cook a scrambled egg. Hope you add positive comments here to your trading routine.

Back to painting...I bought what I thought was a light gold for my office and it is really yellow...yuck not yellow in my office please...so I am applying a second coat of white making stripes against the yellow. I had plenty of white on hand. So if any of you ever have to mark off anything when painting and you don't want a bleed through use FROG TAPE!! Not the blue tape.

BTW S/O bought AMZN 285 Sept Call yesterday for 6.85. At 12:55 9/04/13 he is sill in the trade. Not me I am covered with paint.

Good trading all....
September 04, 2013 12:08PM
Off my 13, I bought a bit of AMZN today and rode up from the previous days high at about $291+(resistance) to the doji at 10:22 on my 13. I picked up $2. Look at my indicators from yesterday. They are the same ones today (Hint). Not a huge money day, but based on my position size I made enough to buy me a cold Coca Cola and a pack of crackers-lol!
September 05, 2013 08:31AM
I am not trading until after Sept. expiration Friday. I don't like trading during Jewish Holiday's.

S/O likes trading. He is still in AMNZ and plans to leave trade today.

S/O said to tell you that a coke and crackers will sustain life but won't sustain health.grinning smiley

S/O said he wished he had gotten out 9/3 when he was up $1,160.00. He asked me what I thought...I said I thought he should help me paint. grinning smiley

9/3 10:24 AM....Add: S/O sold Amzn @ 9:50.for $13.25 Profit $2,656.14. He sill wishes he sold on 9/3 even though profit was less than this.

Back to painting...Check in later...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2013 09:25AM by Darcy2.
September 06, 2013 08:40AM
a good alternative to qcharts is "think or swim" charts. they also go by TOS
September 06, 2013 09:02AM
Mikeandy,
I agree. I like Strategy Desk (component of TOS-I think).
January 18, 2014 06:05AM
Greetings,

A buddy of mine mentioned a program that he studied that helped him with the market.
He gave praise to a man named "Gary." After googling for Gary + Stock, I stumbled onto this website.
I will assume my buddy is referring to Gary F. Williams.
He mentioned that Mr. Williams used to have dvds and online class available.
Appearantly, that is no longer the case.

Can you guys give suggestions as to how I can learn about the program?

Thanks
January 18, 2014 06:47AM
LLTN1111,

take a look through this thread [www.researchtrade.com]
January 19, 2014 03:29PM
I really hope those smart enough wake up here. Gary's system doesn't work folks. It's why no one provides any information. It's why Gary won't show a single trade in advance. It doesn't work. He hasn't made a dime trading in years. It's all from the seminars.

<Personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated -- RTT Admin>

The information this site provides is great. The information Gary provides will ensure you go broke. Prove me wrong. One person post a W&O trade in advance. And by the way - yes you can. It's not against any NASD licensing rules like BS Gary says it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 05:16PM by rttforumadmin.
January 19, 2014 04:22PM
Easy Thomas! You are absolutely right! Gary's system does not work......but by what standards? Read any book on the psychology of trading and it proves you extremely right. It also proves that every other trading system out there....also does not work! Simply put a vast majority of traders wash out or never make a true living in the market because they cannot overcome the mental side of trading before they either go broke or flat out quit. Therefore looking at this from a statistical vantage point Gary's system does not work for 90% who undertake it......and I will declare you technically correct because I know that is what your looking for here! But wait there's more! Looking at it from the other side.....If you have done any work in the area of trading you would understand beyond the shadow of a doubt that what Gary teaches does work. All Gary gives is a system to follow. Not a magic buy and sell formula or crystal ball. Simply when this happens you buy and when this happens you sell. In between that, as in any other trading system, you have to manage you! Good luck in your endeavors!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 05:18PM by rttforumadmin.
January 20, 2014 08:39AM
I was just a little upset when the man says he taught us wrong from the 1-5 and still have to pay more to hear the same ole stories. I learned very quickly what not to do.
Now Crosshairstrader has a great system that does work. FYI
Just my 2 cents
January 20, 2014 09:44AM
Does Gary System works? Yes. But the way that he delivers it is like a sales man always wanted you to come back for more. Take what you have learn from Gary and move on. All you really need is 1-5 just for the basic and move on. I agree with Big Money, take a look at different people. I have watch the videos from The Crosshairtrader and they are great and they have help me out alot. And guess what , if you have a question the guy will answer it for you, not just tell you do it his way. He does not try to sell his system, just wants to educate you.

Bo
Dan
January 20, 2014 01:16PM
BigMoney,

Am I correct that you are saying in Gary's new Survival Weekend courses he is saying that what he taught in the old 1-5 classes was incorrect?

-Dan
January 26, 2014 06:20PM
Wow, some of you are brutal. Gary Williams teachings work. I took 1-5 on the website just before he started teaching the Survivor Series. I have taking Survivor 1-3 and I am currently taking RTP. I still go back and take 1, 2, and 3 weekends on a somewhat regular basis. 1-5 works and the survivor series both work. He teaches this a new way to make it easier. That being said it is not easy to trade the market with or without Gary's classes. I may even take you up on your offer to post a W&O trade as I get into it. That is my favorite trade and my entries are usually very good. I have worked very hard on that trade. I consistently make money on these trades.

Instead of reading these posts and bashing Gary, maybe you should spend more time studying. He makes 100% clear that it is not a get rich quick course. I promise that he is 100% correct on that. His process takes motivation, dedication, and hard work. I personally am not that good at the trading leg at this time. I realized if I was good at W&O that I could live comfortable. I am now working hard on the trading leg as I believe it will improve my exits on W&O trades.

Also, there is a lot of information in these classes and he he gave it all in one class the average person would be lost. Most are lost after class 1 as it is. You have to digest the information and then go back and learn more. Three weekends that total $3k is cheap. Add in RTP for $2500 and for $5.5K you get a lot of information. You also get to retake for a huge discount. It is a great deal and the best investment I have ever made. I learned that investing in myself was the most important thing I could do.

If Gary's system does not work, can you please post your recent journal entries (1 month), your 5-10 trades in the trading leg for the last 3 months, your last 3 W&O's trades, and the list of stocks on your worksheet (80 to 130 stocks). Again you are having the issue, so maybe you should prove to us that it does not work.
January 27, 2014 10:08AM
Dan,

From my understand "taught the original 1-5 incorrect" is extreme. The premise of 1-5 was to provide all types of traders the ability to make profitable trades. Whether you just wanted to do the vault of if you wanted to trade the slingshot on the QQQ's. Gary's delivery now and what all should have taken from 1-5 is that over time trading the big charts (D,233) should supply a recipe most similar to Gary's. Gary always emphasized certain topics such as "trade splits and earnings". WHere do you trade splits and earnings? (Big Charts). I believe now he lets you know up front what you should be doing instead of implying it.

BCT
January 28, 2014 02:36PM
wxyz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 09:26AM by Darcy2.
January 28, 2014 02:55PM
Please dont misinterpret my comments for negativity. My comments were only meant to address the comment "Gary taught 1-5 incorrect". There are many ways to trade and Gary has educated many however that being said, Gary only trades big charts. Doesnt make him correct and anyone else wrong. It just is what it is.

BCT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login