Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

NVDA

Posted by Darcy3 
NVDA
August 24, 2023 11:01AM
Bought 3 482.5 PUTS NVDA today for 17.65. Went up too far and too fast just sold for 21.90. Sold because of 50 moving average on 55 chart. Thinking it may bounce around for a while. Never wrong taking a profit.
Re: NVDA
August 24, 2023 01:13PM
Interesting friend, NVDA went (UP) on the 55-minute chart today on the fat pitch indicators and you played (PUTS). The daily chart was going up for NVDA too. Buy calls or the stock would have worked for that trade. I did not look for any trades today because of Gary's stock market rules. The Dow Futures is going down on Daily Charts and the Nasdaq futures is going up on the daily charts. That's an unstable market! Before I would do a trade, I want the Dow futures and Nasdaq Futures both going down on the daily trend charts. Then before I did the trade, I also want the Dow Futures and Nasdaq futures 55-minute charts to both be going down on the charts too. You should buy my stock market rules book friend to help you trade. Gary says the stock market rules work 100% of the time. You play in the direction of General Markets! You also said you use the Money Flow indicator and StochRSI indicator. Gary doesn't teach that. I use all the fat pitch indicators. There is 4 fat pitch indicators. My stock market book has the correct settings for Think or Swim in the Appendix for you to copy and use, and they work accurately every time. My stock market book is sold on Amazon and at Barnes and Nobles too.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2023 03:35PM by rttforumadmin.
September 01, 2023 10:54AM
StockTraderman007. "Interesting friend, NVDA went (UP) on the 55-minute chart today on the fat pitch indicators and you played (PUTS). The daily chart was going up for NVDA too. Buy calls or the stock would have worked for that trade."

It is nice that you have written a book to help people however I don't trade to hold over night. I trade in today, out today. I expect to be out of my trade within 1-3 hours. Had I bought a call and wanted to be out of my trade that day I would have lost huge. No, the trade was down. In fact, the trade would have been down from 8/24 at 12:40 to 8/25 @ 11:55 . It did a slight pop up on 8/28 went lower then a call could have been bought. That is a sign of investors returning.

StockTraderman007. "The Dow Futures is going down on Daily Charts and the Nasdaq futures is going up on the daily charts. That's an unstable market! Before I would do a trade, I want the Dow futures and Nasdaq Futures both going down on the daily trend charts."

I do not follow the futures at all because I trade in-today, out-today. Rarely do I hold over night. Now about this trade. When people purchase a stock and it goes up like NVDA did they are more apt to sell off some shares, take their profit and either invest somewhere else or wait for the stock to return to a point where they entered prior or close to that point and then buy back. I am not market specific but stock specific when I trade. Your CALL would do well to wait for investors to return like on 8/28

StockTraderman007. "You should buy my stock market rules book friend to help you trade. Gary says the stock market rules work 100% of the time."

I took GW’s 1-5 classes at least 4 times and have the CD’s. I also took advanced classes. I read many books off GW's list but have stuck with only 2 which brought me to how I trade. One of those books was NOT on GW's reading list. I use moving averages including the Bolling band to assist in how I trade. I only use Stoch RSI (GW's settings) on my 13, 21, 34 and 55 chart but on my 1, 3, 5, 8 chart I use money flow because in incorporates volume. MF also sees divergences which warn of a trend change in price. I have GW’s settings, but I do not trade off his moving average cross over. I watch all my moving averages. I use where these moving averages are in comparison to my candles, direction and MF and Stoch RSI. I use a 5,8,13,21,34, and 55 chart, A 8 tells me where a stock will go and a 1 and 3 tells me when to enter. I do not use a 233 or daily because I don’t trade that way. In August I had zero losses and cleared over $4,000.00 off 9 trades. This was a slow month for me. So far this year I have had 1 loss of $55.

PS. I might add that most everyone here has taken GW’s 1-5 class and most I think took advanced classes. When it comes to trading a person MUST find what works for them. GW’s 1-5 worked for GW then and now he has moved on to another way that works for him. That proved to me there are several ways to trade and a person will succeed once they find what works for them. I am forever grateful for all the knowledge GW shared with me in 1-5 and advanced. The one thing I learned is there is 1,000’s of ways to trade and finding the one that suits you can take several years. I found mine and I hope you find yours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2023 01:29PM by Darcy3.
September 01, 2023 11:33AM
Might I add if you look at the 8 chart for NVDA today Sept 1, 2023 the trade was down. Why? DEATH CROSS. Yep, I did. cool smiley
September 02, 2023 08:10AM
Not my business but I can't help myself and since TOS is down, probably due to the Schwab switch over, I have some free time on my schedule.

StockTraderman007 - I'm not sure why you believe selling someone else's work to profit yourself is helping them? Also, if you are a seasoned trader you would understand there are unlimited ways to trade the market and you would not criticize someone else on this site whom is posting a successful trade to share their knowledge and by example are trying to help others; if you look back over Darcy's track record this statement of her helping others is supported by comments from others on this very site. She has also extensively shared her trading system which she and her SO (that has sadly past away) developed by their own research and hard work, and those that follow her understand or are learning why the trade works and are not in any danger of being on the wrong side of the trade per Gary's rules.

Yes Gary compiled his class 1-5 manuals from others information but unlike you he read hundreds of books and spent who knows how many hundreds of hours applying this knowledge to real life experience and distilling the wisdom gained to create his system which is unique and as you confess it works, but it is Gary Williams work and not yours to profit from. I do believe you have good intent but folks don't like it when people try to make money off other peoples hard work, that is also why there are copyright laws, even if the copyrights have expired it is still frowned upon; this in addition to your pompous statements to Darcy hurt your credibility as someone who desires to help others and only gives the appearance of greed and arrogance. I don't know you so I'm not going to call you friend, but I hope you can take this as constructive criticism.

Wishing everybody a safe and happy labor day weekend!
Trade well and prosper,
WIP
December 21, 2023 07:51PM
StockTraderman007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting friend, NVDA went (UP) on the
> 55-minute chart today on the fat pitch indicators
> and you played (PUTS). The daily chart was going
> up for NVDA too. Buy calls or the stock would have
> worked for that trade. I did not look for any
> trades today because of Gary's stock market rules.
> The Dow Futures is going down on Daily Charts and
> the Nasdaq futures is going up on the daily
> charts. That's an unstable market! Before I would
> do a trade, I want the Dow futures and Nasdaq
> Futures both going down on the daily trend charts.
> Then before I did the trade, I also want the Dow
> Futures and Nasdaq futures 55-minute charts to
> both be going down on the charts too. You should
> buy my stock market rules book friend to help you
> trade. Gary says the stock market rules work 100%
> of the time. You play in the direction of General
> Markets! You also said you use the Money Flow
> indicator and StochRSI indicator. Gary doesn't
> teach that. I use music genres all the fat pitch indicators.
> There is 4 fat pitch indicators. My stock market
> book has the correct settings for Think or Swim in
> the Appendix for you to copy and use, and they
> work accurately every time. My stock market book
> is sold on Amazon and at Barnes and Nobles too.
February 01, 2024 10:20PM
Darcy3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Might I add if you look at the 8 chart for NVDA
> today Sept 1, 2023 the trade was down. Why? DEATH
> CROSS. Yep, I did. cool smiley ai face anonymizer
It's great that you're incorporating different indicators and patterns

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2024 11:52PM by JamesBasej.
February 22, 2024 10:33AM
Because NVDA rises as it does it is the perfect stock to play calls and puts on HOWEVER because it is expensive I look for a stock that rides along with NVDA. So today I was riding AMD. At 9:36 I bought 4 175.00 call contracts for 8.10 and sold at @ 10:31 for 11.70. Will it go higher(?)...after a pullback maybe but I am happy with my profit and I am done for the day. (2/22/24)

The way the market was acting yesterday I could tell traders were waiting for NVDA to report. I was fairly sure NVDA would go up, but I trade on what I see on my charts not what I believe will happen. I couldn't justify buying a call on any tech stocks using the charts so to prevent temptation I shut everything down yesterday after 11:00.
Dan
February 22, 2024 06:22PM
Excellent idea to find a stock that moves with the much higher priced stock and then buy options on that stock. Does anyone here ever use debit spreads to decrease the cost of using options on high priced stocks?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login