Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

RTT Trends

Posted by fencepost 
RTT Trends
May 17, 2013 08:32AM
This may be a dumb question since we're in their forum, but I was just wondering how many of you are using RTT for your trading direction/ideas? I don't see it discussed much. Do you find it worthwhile? I'm assuming most of you have a personal basket of stocks that you look for trades in also. Just wondering how much the RTT trends are used & how much success you've had using them.
Re: RTT Trends
May 17, 2013 10:36AM
fencepost,

I am not currently using the RTT service as I am just getting started. However, I hope to make enough in trading over the next couple of months so that I can subscribe without my wife being upset by the extra expense. smiling smiley
May 18, 2013 02:37PM
I use RTT Mon-Fri...and for study purposes on Sat. GW taught in 1-5 at least that his entire trading was based on earnings and splits.

Taking what RTT has done has saved me immeasurable amount of time. I could have saved money on filing cabinets (way too much info to store on my rinky-dink computer at the time) had there been RTT several years ago. Not only that but I could have had several more hours of sleep and spent less on ink for my printer and paper OMG the paper!! I should own Georgia-Pacific!

I love RTT and I will be with them until either they decide it isn’t worth the effort, so they “fold their tents and silently steal away” or I have stopped trading. I know I won’t stop trading so it is all up to them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 04:44PM by Darcy2.
May 19, 2013 07:57AM
Always ask questions. We are all in this together, so we help eachother as much as possible. I have to totally agree with Darcy on this one and will add my little or big "two cents".

During 1-5 Gary talked about the amount of work it takes to trade well. He also talked about scrolling back 2,3,5 years to find trends or consistencies. Well, I spent hours and hours tracking trends. My eyes would burn, head would hurt, and frustration would get the best of me. I have burned so many ink cartridges, printing off historical quote sheets, and thumbing through, trying to find consistencies from one year to the next. When I found RTT, I was like, no way, this site surey does not provide trend analysis for STOCKS THAT MOVE! I wanted to trust that it was going to work for me, so I made the small investment. It was my key to freedom. I stopped doing all the tedious research that made this so hard to do. I really felt like I was losing site of some of the most important things in life, like family. Now, learning to trade WSB style became much more tolerable. After a couple of weeks on the site, I decided to click on the forum link. Oh my! I found Gary's students! I could not believe it. The only concern was, no one was psoting very often. I saw some posts from Darcy and few others, but Darcy had been posting the most from what I could see. I jumped right in and starting flapping my jaws- had no idea what I was talking about, but I was asking so many questions and sharing my aweful experiences. My forum name was rabbit30, and later had to change it, due to a major oversight and change of accounts. Not that I was the person who brought the forum alive, but wow, I posted so much under Rabbit30 until RTT was probably like, who is this person. He is overloading our space!

The trend analysis provide additional confirmation before entering a trade. I am a backtester, so I have gone back and checked several of the stocks and trend analysis posted by RTT. They are 100% correct.

Anyway, sorry to always be the one to tell a story, but RTT is has changed my life. Sorry RTT, but I am "long winded".... I appreciate you allowing me to flap my jaws and share experiences-good and bad. I have shared some very tough moments as I was going through the process of losing my baskets in the past. This forum picked me up and gave me hope to study, ask questions, and practice. I know I have said it before, but RTT, I totally appreciate all the priceless information you provide. My life would be miserable, and I would be bogged down in so much paper, trying to find trends. With RTT, I just click a button and ...Walla! there is my trend information I need to make more informed trading decisions.
May 20, 2013 10:55AM
Due to my job, I can't watch the market closely during the day - so I only make trades from the Daily chart. Because I expect to be in trades for days or even weeks, I like to trade the 4-week or 2-week RTT Seasonal trends or the longer-term RTT Earnings trends.

Since we have added the "Trading the Evidence" section on the Dashboard, it only takes me a few minutes a night to see if there are any RTT trends that are setting up technically on the daily chart for a possible trade. This has worked well for both option trades and actual stock trades.
May 20, 2013 05:01PM
I totally agree with Rookie and Darcy! I've been with RTT for a long time and couldn't be happier with their services. Before RTT, my trading was all over the place and my results were mediocre at best. I was spending all my time trying to find the next big thing and staying stressed out. After joining, I became more focused and confident in my trading and as a result my trading made a dramatic turn to the upside. So, I can relate to those who say RTT changed their life. And yes, the amount of paper I save these days is hard to fathom. smiling smiley

I would also like to thank the great people on this forum who are willing to share and help others. smileys with beer A true blessing!
June 03, 2013 06:04PM
I, too, am grateful to have found the RTT forum who led me to other WSB students. I am pretty much in isolation now after starting with Gary back in 2001 and stopping for awhile in 2007. Lost all of contact with other study buddies over the years. So, in my attempt to get reacquainted with WSB/RTP materials and trading again, the access to RTT and other WSB students through this Discussion Forum is invaluable.

I needed to hear that somewhere someone is, in fact, trading under these strategies. And the icing on the cake is this thread validating RTT Trends. I just subscribed to their website and look forward to it saving me the time, since I do have daytime job, (and the paper) I can now focus on other aspects of trading. Part of the challenge of doing thiswork is the amount of information coming to you from all directions. If you can simply streamline one piece of the abyss of information,it's worth its weight in gold.
June 04, 2013 07:50AM
Yep the dashboard is like one stop shopping at Macy's! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login