Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

I love stock splits

Posted by Darcy3 
I love stock splits
June 13, 2022 09:24AM
Stock splits is the only time I hang in for a week or two. Glad I did, I bought 6 123.5 Puts on AMZN June 8 for 3.60. I sold it today for 19.15. This was one of GW's 1-5 trades not a chart thing.
Re: I love stock splits
June 13, 2022 09:45AM
I assume you used a daily chart as your decision for this?
June 13, 2022 12:19PM
Hahaha.... That's funny. When AMZN spilt on the 6th I thought of you and assumed you would play it at some point. lol. Great trade!
June 13, 2022 12:41PM
When I say not a chart thing I mean not like GW explains in 1-5. Stocks almost always go down after a split. I intended to be in this until Wednesday but decided I would pull out this morning. I explain why at the end of this message. I watched the 8 chart. Look at 8 chart starting on 5/25/22 and you'll see the 200 moving average going below the 50, and my bid ask watch was showing me there was strength coming into buying. I waited until the 200 moving average went above the 50 (this happened June 7 on the 8 chart) and bought the next day. I usually sell (not always) when I am happy with my profit but I knew given the news, that the market has a way to go (down) and that splits usually do cause stocks to retreat, that there was an increase in buying and they would sell after the split. Puts were demanding to be bought. I used my bid ask watch to enter the trade. I sold because the width between the 50 and 200 on my 8 chart said "go on take your money and run". Keep an eye on this. There has been 2 gaps (8 chart) and sometimes a stock changes direction after 2 to 3 gaps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2022 01:26PM by Darcy3.
June 13, 2022 01:24PM
Richie Rich I have the effect on people! winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login