Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

I really have to ask

Posted by Darcy3 
I really have to ask
September 14, 2021 11:28AM
after reading some of these posts...How many of you ever read any of the books GW recommended on trading? Just curious.
Re: I really have to ask
September 14, 2021 03:20PM
I will admit that I have not read them all and certainly not as he tells you to read them
but my favorites are
Relentless by Tim Grover
Chop Wood Carry Water by Joshua Medcalf
Mastery by George Lenonard
The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews
September 15, 2021 12:21PM
You had me get out my list of the books he recommended, 152 of them. Out of that I have or have read 34.

The one I am reading now, (not on the list) which is so fantastic and helpful is With Winning in Mind by Lanny Bassham. He writes about Mental tools, and I have been able to "get" the mental tools better. He interviewed Olympic gold winners to get in their head. He has won gold and now teaches on getting your mental mind together.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2021 01:00AM by Grateful.
September 15, 2021 04:53PM
smiling smiley Yes it is quite a list. I have not read many of the mental ones. Went through that stuff long ago on a job I had. I have read most all of the technical ones. My favorites are The Market Makers Edge by Josh Lukeman, Technical Analysis of Gaps by Julie Dahlquist and Richard Bauer, Technical Analysis for Dummies and Trading options for Dummies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2021 08:08AM by Darcy3.
September 16, 2021 10:00AM
Grateful, looks like and interesting book I might add to my list. Thanks!

Reading, a habit once remised by me, I honestly don’t believe I had read more than a dozen books cover to cover at the age of 43, but thanks to Gary Williams power of suggestion I made a commitment to read one book a month. Now I love to read and it’s true that knowledge is liberating. I have read most of Gary’s book list in WSB 2 manual, plus many more on a full array of subjects and people. After developing this new habit, I started keeping a log with title, author, and a rating of how well I liked each book; figured it might be nice to revisit old favorites. Since 2006 I have read almost 500 books, with some being read several times; that fact is just crazy for me to think about now, considering I hated reading or at least I had convinced myself of that prior to 2006. Just goes to show that your thought process affects you more that you might care to admit, so it pays to be open minded while standing firm on solid beliefs. I also like to use index cards for my bookmark so I can easily take notes of interest, along with book and page number for future reference if needed. Trust me on this, paper will remember better than you can so it pays to take a few notes.
Just finished a book last week The Mental Game of Trading by Jared Tendler, he is an international mental game coach. It is well worth reading, more than once in MHO, since he helps you identify emotional issues that will distort your thoughts, which can then cause you to only see and believe what you WANT to see and believe, which in turn can result in the death of your discipline to trade well. Then he tells you how to deal with getting your issues under control; work is involved for this to help you. For maybe my first 3 or 4 years I was not even aware of why I did the stupid thinks that I did while learning how to trade well, not saying I don't still make stupid mistake because I do, but this book would have helped me understand and give me the tools needed to speed the process of correction.

Darcy, thanks for stirring things up! I have been meaning to post some topics that might get things moving but I have failed to take the time to act. Writing has not and still is not my thing. LOL!!! I do plan on randomly contributing something occasionally that will hopefully generate activity/interest and possibly help others while being helped myself.

Trade Well,
WIP
September 16, 2021 03:27PM
Yes thanks Darcy and WIP
September 17, 2021 09:42AM
Work in Progress Thank you so much! I have purchased The Mental Game of Trading by Jared Tendler. Looks great and I didn't know about it.
Your other ideas are very sound and I will implement them into my reading habit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login