Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

homerun fat pitch vs fat pitch

Posted by mikeandy 
homerun fat pitch vs fat pitch
July 27, 2021 08:19AM
Just a refresher, i know what the hrfp consist of, but what indicator aliment is the fat pitch?
Re: homerun fat pitch vs fat pitch
July 27, 2021 09:25AM
Hello,

That information is covered in the WSB 1-5 course, and also in Survivor Weekend 1,2, &3 courses.
July 27, 2021 09:30AM
i understand SLI and the HRFP, just wanted a reminder what was missing from the HRFP to the FP
July 27, 2021 10:21AM
July 28, 2021 07:43AM
I attended wall street basics in the late 90's-2000's. Also, Sv1-3 and rtp.

While I know it was covered in the 90's, I just don't recall it in the sv1-3 or RTP. just wanted a refresher.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2021 09:08AM by mikeandy.
July 29, 2021 11:26AM
Now that leaves me scratching my head that you can't recall it. In Sv1-3 he mentions it a lot.

GW doesn't call it HRFP or FP any longer. He hasn't for many years now. It's now only referred to as SLI. Either 3 or 4 or 4 of 4.
July 29, 2021 01:29PM
RichieRick

how long have you been doing this? do you even know where hrfp came from? do you do this for a living?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2021 01:33PM by mikeandy.
July 31, 2021 04:20PM
mikeandy said: "While I know it was covered in the 90's, I just don't recall it in the sv1-3 or RTP. just wanted a refresher."

IMHO, getting basic information on a signal of Gary's does not qualify as a refresher. To me it is like saying I took a carpentry class from Gary years ago, then asking someone what's the difference between a circular saw and reciprocating saw; when they answer my question I try to use on of them without having functional knowledge which results in me cutting a finger off. I'm not trying to sound condescending , but trading is very serious business; I am only saying that an indicator that Gary uses as a part of the foundation of his system will not make anyone successful, just like having a slab of concrete does not make a house, it is only the foundation. That said, If I can't remember what a tool is that is to be used daily in my line of work I need to go back to school before I hurt myself and my family.

If you are not aware, Gary is still teaching and has improved over the years and with you being a past student of Gary's should know that you qualify for class retake discount on a course that is already well priced for the information offered. That would be a great refresher of Gary's system and his market wisdom which should get you back on the path to successful trading, though it is a path that few can endure to the point of success (several years for most), whatever your definition of success might be. I would also suggest that you read several books on trading psychology and money management, as these subjects are also a major key to your long term success.

PS.
To answer one of your questions, when any single component is missing from the HRFP it is a FP.
Though it is not any of you business, but I figure you might ask anyway; I do not trade for a living but I have been doing the work since Sept. 26, 2006, I have attended everything Gary has offered. I also made more money trading in 2020 than I did in the business I own and manage. Why do I still work, you might also ask/wonder, 1. because I enjoy my work, 2. because I can trade during the day (no one can fire the owner, except for the customers), 3. I have folks that are not far from retirement that depend on my business for a job and 4. because " I want too".

I truly wish you the best,
WIP
August 01, 2021 08:48PM
Thanks for the heads up.
Next time I'm trading after doing concrete work, while juggling a saw. That'll be helpful. Maybe some new people can find the forum and come across your comments and find them equally as helpful. I'm sure it'll really grow the forum's activity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2021 09:06PM by mikeandy.
August 05, 2021 09:10AM
mikeandy, you can take this as constructive criticism, or you can just lash back as you have already done to RichieRich and myself. I can at least say I sincerely had good intentions in the time and effort I made in my contribution to this thread; though based on your response to me it was perceived as derogatory and that was certainly not my intent. I am not sorry for good intentions; and I do hope you can grow in a way that you will realize that you are not a victim of life but get the life you make for yourself. If I have you figured wrong, I apologize for my bad, but I only get this from your last couple of responses in this thread. I’m also curious as to how you feel that your last two responses will help to grow and contribute to this forum in a positive manner???

Best Regards,
WIP
August 05, 2021 10:11AM
Look I'm not trying to go back and forth with you and RR on this forum. I really don't think anything constructive can come out of it.
I just think the way some responds inhibits new activity. There's gotta be some reason that only 3 post in July, and until that, it was April since any post. During a time there was some good market moves.

Maybe it's the condescending remarks from the Gary police? Go back and look at your response, you could have omitted the philosophical life lesson of juggling saws and just went to the last paragraph and answered the question. And following it, there could have been potentially constructive discussion on the topic without divulging on the the "trade secrets" and violating any noncompete.

believe me, I've been in class and signed more non-competes than you, and I have a lot of respect for Gary and what he teaches. But, that doesn't keep me from having intelligent discussions about his topics. And I can do so without "giving" any of his class material away to people looking for it for free.
September 14, 2021 10:56AM
There are 4 bases in baseball. Running after hitting the ball and touching all 4 bases compromises a home run/fat pitch. Hitting the ball and touching only 3 bases compromises a simple fat pitch. Remember in baseball you can be tagged out on 3 bases if you lead off and don't get back to base in time but in a homerun/fat pitch you can only be tagged out if you don't beat the ball back to home base. It is all risky because the threat of getting tagged out is always around. That's trading in a nutshell. Evaluate the threat of being tagged out. SIMPLE really.
September 20, 2021 12:05PM
very well said Darcy.

I find that on futures when i run the 144 tick chart along side timed charts and when a HRFP agrees on both it has a really reliable signal.
September 21, 2021 08:59AM
Hello mikeandy, I use a tick chart every now and then but to see how many contracts are being purchased both up and down. I use moving averages, gaps and the Bollinger bands and money flow. I don't do HRFP anymore. I use the KISS method...Keep It Simple Stupid...meaning I keep it simple. I found that for me and how I trade less is best.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login