Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

More Active

Posted by NYCSB 
More Active
June 03, 2021 02:17PM
Just writing to say I wish the forum was more active! Would be nice to have a space for chatter amongst GW traders whilst keeping it an "on your own" thing. It's fun scouring the site once in a while, but now that I'm more active/approaching the work with more focus, it would be nice to see discussions here.
Anywho, cheers y'all
Re: More Active
June 08, 2021 08:14PM
Can't say I disagree with that. It does seem that the board has gotten very quiet. If not for people joining just to ask for script help the traffic here would be even less.

I guess this bunch is like the Clint Eastwood type. Doesn't have much to say, but people get shot all over the place. I miss those old Spaghetti Westerns.

R
June 17, 2021 09:26AM
RichieRick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't say I disagree with that. It does seem that
> the board has gotten very quiet. If not for
> people joining just to ask for script help the
> traffic here would be even less.
>
> I guess this bunch is like the Clint Eastwood
> type. Doesn't have much to say, but people get
> shot all over the place. I miss those old
> Spaghetti Westerns.
>
> R

true that, I miss the Darcy posts sad smiley
Harmonic Patterns
June 26, 2021 07:57PM
I've been looking at these for a while and doing some reading. Some say the Butterfly and Bat patterns are more profitable. Can anyone tell me if they have had any luck trading these patterns with the current market? Thanks Ahead Of Time....

MK
July 08, 2021 01:21PM
Haha, I love some old Spaghetti Westerns... some trade potential couple days back that anyone that truly obeys the 7 hr rule would be well off with today's sell off. It being summertime I didn't trust what seemed to be decision chart signifier and yesterday proved it, however BOOM today it does the thing. Cheers
November 07, 2021 03:30PM
NYCSB Wrote:
> Haha, I love some old Spaghetti Westerns... some
> trade potential couple days back that anyone that [elly.com]
> truly obeys the 7 hr rule would be well off with
> today's sell off. It being summertime I didn't [nexthash.com]
> trust what seemed to be decision chart signifier
> and yesterday proved it, however BOOM today it
> does the thing. Cheers

I've been looking at these for a while and doing some reading. That's awesome!
November 10, 2021 11:57AM
Aw Thank you flsupraguy. I visit often but don't post as much. I still trade and most of the time I have 2-3 trades a week. You can do this if you do not trade on margin. I highly recommend not trading on margin. Since July I have traded about 50 times. Lost 2 (-$93) My average profit is about $295 per trade so in 4 months about $14,000. I do not use GW's Christmas Cross TO TRADE but I do use them in the studies he recommended in 1-5 and candles. I use moving averages, 5.10, 20, 50 and charts 5, 8.13, 21, 34 and 55. I seldom use the half day or daily. If my charts are not going in the same direction NO TRADE. If any of my moving averages are in the way of my trade going up or down I do not trade. If my stochRSI doesn't have room to move in either direction of how I plan on my trade NO TRADE. I am in usually before noon and out in about a half hour. My longest trade has been over night which doesn't happen often (was overnight in EXPE 11/8&9) and the shortest about 1 minute NVDA 11/5. I love gaps and they show up on my 5 and 8 which helps me in my trades. BTW what I trade so far NVDA, EXPE, ROKU, RBLX, ZM, SWKS, AMD, and FB... HATE AAPL options! I trade the month I am in. I trade the next month on expiration Friday.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2021 07:10PM by Darcy3.
November 10, 2021 12:10PM
RichieRick I'd say many are like me. Some of us simply got overwhelmed with questions and if any were like me the feeling of obligation to reply was intense. Then the script hit and actually I felt like people were looking for fast answers and not the work involved. I can tell everyone here IT TAKES PUTTING IN THE WORK...and what works for me may not work for you. YOU are responsible for finding where you fit not some script. As GW said PUT IN THE WORK or don't do it. I shed many a tear thinking I was such a failure. S/O found his niche and it didn't work for me. Frustration is a horrible thing! hot smiley
November 10, 2021 03:01PM
Today RBLX 105 Put, 4 contracts 8.25, sold out 9.20
November 15, 2021 12:12PM
Today NVDA BOUGHT 3 /300 puts NOV 10:30 placed GTC for .50 UP out 11:42 for 11.10 done for the day. Most of the time all I ever do a GTC for is .50. For some of you this may seem like chump change but it averages out to about $32,000.00 a year. I'm Seattle happy. S/O looked for retirement I look for my bread to be buttered on both sides, mainly because I love what I do. BTW could have gotten in when I posted this and out by 12:24 with a .70 profit. Had I stayed in could have sold for 13.70 a $1,000+ profit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2021 12:27PM by Darcy3.
November 15, 2021 01:22PM
Thanks for sharing with us Darcy. That's not chump change to anyone that I know, and 32k a year is damn fine work. Most of us here can't claim 32k a year. smiling smiley

You certainly have "Your trade" figured out and that's key.

Great job!
R
November 28, 2021 10:30AM
Darcy thanks for the replies. Really love to see your enthusiasm with the work and the trading. Your method makes a lot of sense, especially the MA potentially getting in the way of intraday movement and being weary of that.
What are you referring to when speaking of the gaps on the 5/8m charts. I understand gaps, gap fills, etc., but was wondering why you mentioned seeing them on those two charts as opposed to any chart.
Happy trading!

Friday was a rough one, I was able to get out of my V call unscathed. I know GW mentions to pay no heed to news but I got a bit shaken about potential for market to continue decline and don’t have enough capital to weather that type of storm in a trade.
On to the next.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2021 12:50AM by NYCSB.
November 29, 2021 11:28AM
What I mean about seeing gaps on the 5/8 charts more than others look at NVDA 11/22 on an 8 chart. You do not see that gap on the daily. Instead on the daily you see a gap on NVDA on the 18th which does appear on the 8. The gap is smaller the second time which makes me look for NVDA to go down. As you know this does not always happen but it makes me look sometimes for a next day trade. You'll see more gaps on small charts than on the larger ones. If you like gaps, and I do, smaller charts work more in my favor. Also, I mark my charts when I have gap with a dash ray line on the close middle and open. I am looking for a signal for a pull back to the half way gap mark off the larger gap. I play that pull back because the option in the opposite position is cheaper and makes money faster. I can get .50 within a few minutes generally and then can go and take care of other things. Just a quick look at V the big trade would be for instance (using moving averages) 10/28 when it could not break through the 50 moving average. That 50 moving average was strong resistance. Looking at today at 11:20 on the 8 chart I wouldn't touch it yet but watch because you are getting a death cross but not enough separation between the 50 and 200 moving averages yet for my blood. That is JUST my opinion. BTW I pay ALOT of attention to the news when I trade. I seldom trade the news unless someone is arrested like Zuckerberg. grinning smiley Imagine if more folks paid attention to the news when Lehman crashed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2021 11:31AM by Darcy3.
November 29, 2021 11:51AM
Bought today 2 NVDA DEC 325 calls @ 11:37 AM for $15.35 sold @ 11:41 AM for $16.05 done for the day, What did I see? Room to move up on 21 and 55 chart No resistance on 5, 8, and 13 chart. I do not stay for more than .50 so put in a GTC which was $15.85. I only stay if I am watching every tick which is seldom. Once out of a trade I am done for the day and on to other things.
November 29, 2021 01:58PM
That's great Darcy. I'm curious though - I'm looking at each of the charts (specifically your setup but with Alchem) and have the candles riding the TBB on the 5,8,21 but yes with no MA resistance. I nearly played NVDA today but got timid with the TBB across the board with the premiums being what they are. Excellent play, especially when you're going by *your* set rules and sticking to it.

I've been watching several charts/stocks today with what I've seen you mention as your rules and setup, not so much to join in, just to see if it makes sense for me. The intraday plays feel better than going to bed in a position with the market being what it has been as of late, though I do prefer the sense of stability with buying much further out and on the larger charts a la GW current teachings. He mentioned yesterday that everything will forever be online now (classes, etc.) and the what was once RTP will be called something different moving forward. Hope I'm not giving much away by mentioning that and that I've afforded some anonymity here at any rate.

Please divulge only as much as you wish with what you're doing for your plays - I've really enjoyed the insight and wouldn't mind gleaning enough from it to give it a ride if I see what you see.

Cheers
November 29, 2021 09:19PM
Riding the BB (Bollinger band) is one sure sign of a continued up or down. When moving averages begin to spread too far apart look for a trade in the opposite direction. I just get in for .50 and could care less if it goes up more. Sometimes I look to see what I could have made most of the time I don't. On my Qcharts I also have a net and net since open. Looking at these two gives me a heads up for a change in direction. Note that the BB on the 8 chart at the close (11/29) began to turn up which means generally the stock will go higher. It did go up another $1.20 after hours. Sometimes when a good stock has a large pull back look for it to change and go up and up and up. The same applies if it has gone up a lot look for a pull back. Daily shows NVDA closed the gap on a pull back which is a good sign. Daily chart shows a $335. point high BUT after hours NVDA did hit $335 on the 8 chart. That was the area it opened up on 1/22 so that gap has been closed in after hours trading. I'd like to see where it opens tomorrow. This is how I look at charts ~ moving averages & gaps.
November 29, 2021 10:53PM
Darcy3 Wrote:
> What I mean about seeing gaps on the 5/8 charts
> more than others look at NVDA 11/22 on an 8 chart.
> You do not see that gap on the daily. Instead on
> the daily you see a gap on NVDA on the 18th which
> does appear on the 8. The gap is smaller the
> second time which makes me look for NVDA to go
> down. As you know this does not always happen but
> it makes me look sometimes for a next day trade.
> You'll see more gaps on small charts than on the
> larger ones. If you like gaps, and I do, smaller
> charts work more in my favor. Also, I mark my
> charts when I have gap with a dash ray line on the
> close middle and open. I am looking for a signal
> for a pull back to the half way gap mark off the
> larger gap. I play that pull back because the
> option in the opposite position is cheaper and
> makes money faster. I can get .50 within a few
> minutes generally and then can go and take care of
> other things. Just a quick look at V the big trade
> would be for instance (using moving averages)
> 10/28 when it could not break through the 50
> moving average. That 50 moving average was strong
> resistance. Looking at today at 11:20 on the 8
> chart I wouldn't touch it yet but watch because
> you are getting a death cross but not enough
> separation between the 50 and 200 moving averages
> yet for my blood. That is JUST my opinion. BTW I
> pay ALOT of attention to the news when I trade. I
> seldom trade the news unless someone is arrested
> like Zuckerberg. grinning smiley Imagine if more folks paid
> attention to the news when Lehman crashed.

I had not noticed this text. So, I never really trade gaps or work them in general but I did look at everything you mentioned. When saying that you mark them with the ray at open/close/middle - you mark those dimensions of the candle on the D, or 8? and you look for the pullback to the midway point of that gap? I'm just trying to fully understand this NVDA scalp play. I've been paying attention to live flow lately and there's something to be said there with the TA we've learned and live flow, but I don't like to go too far away from GW material (as far as the flow stuff goes).

Seeing AMD go for all time high today, NVDA isn't too far from it's a.t.h. either - may see it get on back up there next couple days.
November 30, 2021 10:06AM
I do not use the daily for a trade. I will look at the daily but to see where the stock is (too high or too low) In other words if stock is out of BB or has been riding it for several days on the daily I expect a possible pull back. I mark gaps on my 5 and 8 chart because these are the charts I use for a trade. Last night I looked at NVDA after the close and around 9 PM. I saw it went to $325. and I thought today it would be down on the open. Too much happening in the charts for me to be interested right now.(10:01AM) BB acting up (flattening). Maybe later today. I look for many things but for the most part of how I trade I look at where the moving averages are in relation to my candles. Right now (10:04) looking at RBLX for a down (yes down) not up. Over sold on 21,34,55 and I look at where the candle will hit on the way down first using the moving average on the 8 while looking at the 21,34,and 55.
November 30, 2021 10:51AM
Yes I bought PUTS on RBLX @ 10:44AM sold @10:48AM bought @ $9.40 and sold @ $9.90 with a GTC. Done for the day.
November 30, 2021 11:06AM
I see I see, and I love that play. The RBLX one was screaming on the charts. Looking at your trade in hindsight it's pretty great - even with a couple MAs there on the 8, but knowing you'd make your $ before it would hit there. Very nice Darcy.

Thanks for the clarification. What a messy day - I've not made any plays, only watching for now. I was considering RIOT but didn't go for it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login