Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Volitility and a different set of rules

Posted by Zeke 
Volitility and a different set of rules
March 15, 2020 01:53PM
Anyone else feel like with this Corona Virus craziness, oil war etc has changed the rules? Wild swings are making for insane gains when im right, but I'm consistently breaking GW rules. trading off of alot of news.

Share your thoughts...

Thanks,

Zeke
Dan
Re: Volitility and a different set of rules
March 15, 2020 08:35PM
Instead of trying to catch a falling knife, it's like the knife thrower at the carnival, except instead of trying to miss you he's throwing the knives and trying to hit you. sad smiley
March 16, 2020 12:55AM
its crazy right now. and gonna get worse. looks like Trump is going to enact the stafford act and we are getting quarantined.
March 16, 2020 08:26PM
If you are making these news trades from a separate account. Say one that is setup for speculation or news reaction trades I think Gary would be okay with that.

If you were doing it in your primary trading account, then yes that would be breaking some rules.

Different accounts can have different rules that are specific to the purpose of that account.
March 17, 2020 08:41PM
I could go either way with that. But still following limits on trade amounts and not trading more than half my basket. I find the volatility to be insane. I find I better be watching because swings happen super quick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login