Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Trading The Break

Posted by WhiteRose 
Trading The Break
November 23, 2019 09:26AM
Hello all, fairly new here but have been trading for quite some time now. Finally decided to make an account and share some of my trades, hoping that others can join in and we can all learn from ine another. That being said, yesterday I took two quick scalps (trading options) on BIDU and LULU. The BIDU trade was a call and the LULU was a puts trade. The entries were on the breakouts of the previous days high with exits just being shortly after, without any long holding or anything of that nature. The BIDU trade was quite beautiful with an entry around 9:46 am (EST) as the stock broke the previous days high with a small pullback being given at the open, which made me more comfortable and confident about making the trade. The LULU entry was at around 10:28 I believe where I had to hold a little bit to get some meat from the move. Broke the previous days low with downside strength that wasnt there initially at amateur hour. Not the best scalp but ended up being a winning trade. Not a bad day.
Re: Trading The Break
November 25, 2019 11:53AM
This mornings entry was MU, entry off the candle close on the 5 minute at around 10:10 and exited a few minutes ago at around 11:38. This stock showed beautiful strength with a break of the previous days high, showing the ideal amount of momentum on the break as well. Stock could still keep rising but that doesn't matter to me. Got my money and ran. Overall happy today.
November 25, 2019 02:18PM
Thank you for sharing. Please keep it up smiling smiley
November 27, 2019 02:20PM
Entry today was on IBM puts. Opened higher than yesterday's close but still had the strong momentum going down. The exact entry was at 11:20 and exit was at 11:50. I should've held til 12:14 based on my usual exit signal but I decided to get out early for some reason. Sometimes I get trigger happy when exiting, which goes to show that even though I've refined and worked to perfect my entries, I still make drastic decisions exiting too late or too early. The positive is that this was a great entry and the better the entry, the better the success rate of having winning trades.

Good positive day with some extra money being pocketed before the big turkey day. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! smileys with beer
November 27, 2019 06:56PM
Join the party.

I've had lots of entries that were great, but I stayed to long, and what was a nice profit turned into a small loss. I didn't feel I had enough signals to leave so I stayed, just cause I had continuation also. I've just about given up on "continuation" completely. Gary was right, it doesn't mean you'll profit will increase. smiling smiley
May 13, 2020 03:09PM
I’ve seen some posts on this forum about “Continuation Patterns”. I may not know much about the specific parameters to what is considered a continuation pattern but I’d say the entire market today would be regarded as that. Played puts today on QQQ and glad I came back to watch the market after the open. When the market opened up it looked like everything would be dead or start bouncing without any clear entries but I returned back to my laptop at around 11am EST just in time to play those awesome puts.
October 15, 2020 09:56AM
Puts on V today entry at around 9:40am and exited few minutes ago. Have been very busy lately but still keep up with the market practically every day.
November 03, 2020 02:26PM
@White Rose
Funny, I looked back at some notes and I was eyeing that trade on V but left my (meager) workstation without setting an entry. Looked to be a pretty good one!
Cheers and thanks for posting here, I miss sharing trades after the fact with friends I went through the course(s) with (14 years ago!)
November 05, 2020 02:38PM
No problem NYCSB! Don't worry you'll get the next ones haha, theres no shortage of good trades. Thank you for responding and being active, looks like most people on here are either not active or not many are around anymore. You can always learn something from looking at previous charts and I wish more shared their trades for an overall better learning experience. Looks like most that post are just asking for script help on the "Fun with Thinkscript" forum.
November 17, 2020 09:38PM
Yes, true re: ThinkScript - I've noticed that of course. I at some point have gone through lots of old threads and found some good knowledge and recognized a couple folks from friends of friends back in the day. Some good material back there... If I have any upcoming trades, I'll certainly post. I did play a call one month out on BLNK using short charts and got a bit lucky, as it moved much more than I thought.
I'll post deets on that when I have more time.

All the best
December 16, 2020 04:34PM
Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted. I have been following GW trading methods since WSB days and Survival 2012.

Was hoping for some opinions. I traded calls from $COMPQ on 12/14/20 first candle on the 233 chart. From there I found 2 trades; REGN and BLUE. As of today, neither have gone in my direction (even though the market has gone up since). Wondering if anyone would consider REGN and BLUE to have 4 exit criteria. It is very close.

Additionally, there have not been a lot of trading opportunities since roughly May (trading the 233). Wondering if anyone else has had an issue finding 5-10 trades/month (especially profitable ones! hah). Maybe GW has some new information/techniques he has provided since 2012 that I have missed out on?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
December 18, 2020 07:57PM
REGN looks like it's in a weekly downtrend.

BLUE not much better. I don't think I would for more exit criteria. Price is probably just going to decay more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login